Chromatic aberration? Something else? How to edit?

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I printed my mountain picture recently, and this green fringing I hadn't really noticed before is very prominent in the print. I am trying to figure out the easiest/best way to fix it.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated!

(100% crop of the issue)
16140137136_0fd9a788c0_c.jpg

If you are using LR then it is just go to Lens Correction in the Develop module and either use the green slide on the color tab or grab the eye dropper and select the fringing. Should be able to fix that in 2 to 3 minutes. Nice shot :icon_thumleft:

Purple and green are always a sure sign of CA.

WIth Aperture go to the Adjustments tab and add Chromatic Aberration to the default set. Then use the sliders until you get here you want to be.

Purple and green are always a sure sign of CA.
I thought it was just purple, thanks!

WIth Aperture go to the Adjustments tab and add Chromatic Aberration to the default set. Then use the sliders until you get here you want to be.
gonna go try it now, I've never seen that button in aperture, I was thinking it needed cs6!

If you are using LR then it is just go to Lens Correction in the Develop module and either use the green slide on the color tab or grab the eye dropper and select the fringing. Should be able to fix that in 2 to 3 minutes. Nice shot :icon_thumleft:

Thank you! Here is the whole picture if you missed the original thread. ;-)
15236972818_cabf7bfeda_b.jpg

Aperture is one of the few Apple programs I don't like, to me it isn't user friendly. LR is worth every penny. Not a fan of the LR catalog structure but other than that it is absolutely fantastic for tweaking photo's. :icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

Aperture is one of the few Apple programs I don't like, to me it isn't user friendly. LR is worth every penny. Not a fan of the LR catalog structure but other than that it is absolutely fantastic for tweaking photo's. :icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:
Lightroom is on the long list. when we redo the computer (soon) Ill make the jump. Right now, I am trying to learn CS6 and I mostly know aperture so I dont want to make myself too frustrated KWIM?

i think once you try LR you will be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner, I know I did :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back