City Photoshoot C&C please...

NikonNyc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This past Sunday I went downtown @ 5:35am there were some shot I was looking to capture through a certain lighting.

I do need help with some images...Due to bright lighting I need some editing suggestions...well I feel I have typed enough again suggestions are welcome.

These are some post editing.

BridgeViewBW2.jpg

BridgeViewBW.jpg

Underpass.jpg

RAWS Will follow..

Nice shots. Ive been trying to get a shot of the Verrazano as the sun falls, but being that I have no car and don't know which bus takes me out close to bay ridge, its kind of hopeless for now..

The only comment I have is I feel the sun starring could be taken out. I like the solid line of the support beam so I kind of think it would have looked better, if possible, without. Overall I like your shots though.

Yeah, I agree, #2 is the best. Great composition

Nice shots. Ive been trying to get a shot of the Verrazano as the sun falls, but being that I have no car and don't know which bus takes me out close to bay ridge, its kind of hopeless for now..

Check out hopstop to find out.

I like #4 a lot! good photos

Great shots man, my favorite is #2 and #4. Nice composition and use of lighting!

The one of the canted angle of the city buildings was kind of tough to look at with it being so canted but everything else was gorgeous pictures!

Hey NikonNYC... not bad, a little dark. If there is some haze you can do a wide radius, low percentage unsharp mask and that will help the clarity a bit.

Because you took some of these with the light source more or less in front of the camera, lighting will simply be a bear. Not too much you can do there other than overexpose the sky (or cheat a bit with fill light on a RAW image, or do a shadow/hightlight, or do an HDR or composite). However, everything I mentioned in ()s there is cheating and unless you have a very delicate hand with it, it will be obvious that you did. Try to keep the sun behind you as much as you can. (exception for stylistic choices, such as your solar flare, which I quite like)

One other comment, a lot of your shot is out of focus in some of the greater depth of field shots, such as your bridge pics. (Brooklyn Bridge?) Try using a smaller aperature, and in some cases you may way to manually focus to infinity. You may also experiment a bit with hyperfocal focusing to get some of those foreground elements in sharp as well, but I think just manually focusing here would have worked. (you'll want to google on hyperfocal focusing if you don't know what I'm on about) :)

Overall some nice images.

Try to keep the sun behind you as much as you can. (exception for stylistic choices, such as your solar flare, which I quite like)
Overall some nice images.
Thanks for the info something I will defenitly consider in up and coming shoots. But as you commented I wanted to capture the picture as is... To give those who have not seen Ny a opportunity of what I saw that morning...Thanks again I promise I will apply the advice given :hail:

i really like them, would love to go to NYC, as busy as it is the photos look very calming to me, great shots!
Thank you! exactly what I wanted to capture the city that never sleeps taking a nap...lol

The one of the canted angle of the city buildings was kind of tough to look at with it being so canted but everything else was gorgeous pictures!
you know i have gotten some mix msgs about that one in particular some have said "its a great shot due to it offcenter feel" I am happy that you enjoyed the rest

very nice
Thanks I will try to keep them coming..

I like #4 a lot! good photos
I have so many more I will try and do a little update...

Yeah, I agree, #2 is the best. Great composition
Cipher thanks alot, im gonna try and keep it as realistic and simple as possible.( I want everyone to see it as if they were there with me.)

Check out hopstop to find out.

I like number 2. I think it looks great the way it is.

Happy you like the pic, like I stated b4 I have a few more I am dying to post but thought this thread was not going to generate any interrest.

Btw: suggestions are welcome at all times...I know these shots could have been much better considering I have only really been shooting for about 2wks I expect, no I hope to improve so please leave a comment..

Thanks again everyone

-mike

Last edited:
Two weeks!?!?! Holy RAW files Batman, thats incredible! Keep up the good work!

Most reactions

Back