Classic western scene

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Between the horses and the rugged backdrop, I thought this snowy ranch was quite picturesque and fitting of the holiday season. Taken along the Blue River near Silverthorne, Colorado.

Sony DSC-W1
ISO 100
15mm
Exposure Bias -1.00
Tripod
Some minor post processing level adjustments

GoreRangeRanch.jpg

Ahh man! I was so hoping for an old west town with gunslingers galore. What a letdown! ;)

Nice shot though. I recommend re-shooting closer to dawn or dusk. The warm light will remove the harsh lighting (amplified by bright snow).

Also not sure if I care for the deep void shadow in the lower middle.

I love the sharpness here... although I agree about the grain - too much. Maybe... go there again and lower iso?

WOW! I really like it. I like the razor-sharp snap. You could probably improve it by running it through Photoshop CS to selectively lesson the grain in the sky and to improve the detail in the shadows, but still, I like it the way it is.

mentos, my camera won't go any lower than 100. I've always had good luck with noise with it, though. Not the problem. What you're seeing is some moisture (condensation) that got on my UV filter and stained it. My bad....I will be more careful.

canon, I don't have PS. All I have are some proprietary clones that are not as fully featured. Someday. :)

Thanks everyone for looking. Happy Holidays.

You captured that hard-to-catch spirit of the mountain peaks - Great :D

The only thing disturbing me is that shadowy part in the middle. Otherwise great.

I like it. I like the crispness - seems to go well with the frost that this photo displays. Sunny but frosty winter days are my favourite...

As to "classical western scene" - my prejudiced German thinking also suggested something else before I got to see the photo. But this could be a good "Marlboro LIGHT" ad pic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back