Collectible camera question of the week.

OK, time for another one...

What was the first SLR camera and when was it produced? (tricky question here...)

Hmm... No takers here. OK, here it goes:

Graflex introduced the SLR cameras with their LF SLR cameras. Mirror had to be set down for the viewing position, after which had to be raised in order to allow the focal plane shutter to operate and expose the film.

The very first 35mm SLR was made in the former USSR, a camera called GOMZ Sport and it was made in 1935. Soon after that other notable 35mm SLR cameras started being produced, such as the Exakta models.

And one more...

What was Ansel Adams' first ever camera and where did he use it first? (Hint: the year was 1916)

Correct! It was a Kodak Brownie Box camera. He received it from his parents when he was 14, took it on a trip to Yosemite National Park and always returned there.

Good guess darin3200! :)

Next question, also about Ansel Adams. When did he start using the Zone System? (year)

Santino, you were so close to the answer that I will give it to you! Congrats!

He started using the Zone System in 1941. He developed it a year earlier or so. My question was when he started using it. ;)

The new question?

What was the smallest camera (comercially available) and where was it made?

markc said:
I'm guessing a Minox, from Germany.

It's a good guess but it's not the correct one. Although Minox is the longest production of a very small film camera.

Yes, the Pentax 110 was the smallest SLR but the smallest camera was made in 1950 by Sakura of Japan, called Petal. The size of a half dollar, it came in two shapes, circular and hexagonal. Takes 6 exposures on a 25mm diameter circular film and its cost was about $10.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back