luckydog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cracked-lenz.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I posted this pic on the intranet photo folder at work and was surprised at the response. So i'm just after some comments from my friends here to see if they are similar or if it's just me. I won't say what was said just yet as i don't want to sway anyones comments as the one's i got were from accomplished and pro photogs.

Thanks in advance

Good depth of field. Great Composition. The shadows on the main, in focus flower are just right ... and theres a bee on it to boot.

I'm with Jim on this one. Its a pearler of a photo.

Nice picture i like it. It reminds me of the small things in life that you just pass over without a thought. The road helps with the them. Very Nice :D

WOW!
Those colors immediately hit you, I'm amazed at the DOF you achieved with the bee being in-focus and the other flowers clearly visible.
Personally I'd have liked everything to be in-focus but you canna change the laws of physics Cap'n!

The DOF is great and what appears to be the wind blowing on the flower makes it a really interesting shot. Then the bee just puts it over the top.

The color balance and shadowing sets the flower nicely.

Great Job :!: :!:

I don't get it, it's not a great big toothy spider, and neither is it one of those fantastic jet fighters or rugged bushwalking scenes.

It's a flower.

You're not going all soft and mushy all of a sudden are you?

Oh, wait! *whew* The 'killer' bee makes up for it :)

joking aside, the buds in the lower right and the central flower itself have a wonderful crispness. The colours are amazing and vibrant.

My guess is that the professional photogs said something like, "You snot-nosed amatuer! How dare you show me up? I've got $30,000 worth of equipment and..." yadda yadda yadda.

Frame it & hang it.

what i love is that the bee looks like hes holding on for dear life

"nooooooooooo!!!! save me, flower pollen, save me!!!"

absolutely gorgeous shot
i love the planes but i think this would have to be my favourite of yours so far :)

A great big thanks to all for your comments. Just to let you know, both you and the people at work were equally impressed. I don't know what it is but it just doesn't have the "wow" factor to me. I took the pic, edited the pic in ps7, posted the pic (which i wouldn't have if i thought it was junk), but still i am stunned at the responses to it!

:?

Thanks again :oops:

lucky- that's what makes posting pics fun. The ones you think are great everybody else yawns at & the ones you post just because it's been two weeks since you posted something grab everybody else by the short hairs. 8)

Most reactions

Back