Complimentary Colors?

MatthewKern

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I thought the these colors complimented each other pretty well, even though the compliment of yellow is blue, and the sky is more cyan than blue. What do you guys think?
banksky.jpg

The Red Light District of San Salvador, El Salvador
(About 2 blocks from where I lived)

i think the complemetary to yellow is purple... but that's not important and I'm always wrong, lol...
anyway, I love this picture a lot. the colors do complement each other very well and the cloud imo adds a lot to the comp. :thumbsup:

Alexandra said:
i think the complemetary to yellow is purple... but that's not important and I'm always wrong, lol...
anyway, I love this picture a lot. the colors do complement each other very well and the cloud imo adds a lot to the comp. :thumbsup:
There are two color theories, and you are right... Yellow and Purple are compliments in subtractive color theory, and yellow and blue are compliments in transmitted color theory. I'm actually in my color theory class as I am typing this.

kelox said:
The colors are ok, but you were in the red light district and this was the best pic you got?????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
It was dangerous. I couldn't just take my camera anywhere with me. I was laying in the back of a pick-up trick at a bank drive-thru when I took this.

MatthewKern said:
There are two color theories, and you are right... Yellow and Purple are compliments in subtractive color theory, and yellow and blue are compliments in transmitted color theory. I'm actually in my color theory class as I am typing this.
there! you're right... i've never been in a photo class to be honnest.
once again: beautiful picture!

Great colors! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Hair_MD said:
i like the colors, Did you edit at all?
I don't believe. I can't remember. I took it at the beginning of July 2005. If I did it would have just been some minor tweaks in iPhoto, because I didn't know how to use Photoshop at the time. I would say thank you for the comment on the colors, but that would be me taking credit for God's work... he invented the concept of color (or colour if you are Canadian).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back