Composition books/resources

dylanstraub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm sure this has been asked a billion times before but what good books on composition can you recommend? Thanks

The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos [Paperback]
Michael Freeman (Author)

I just purchased this book. Seems pretty good thus far.

Composition (Photo Workshop) by Blue Fier, published by Wiley Publishing - Amazon.com: Composition Photo Workshop (9780470114360): Blue Fier: Books . Also, one by Bryan Peterson called Learning to See Creatively - Amazon.com: Learning to See Creatively: Design, Color& Composition in Photography (Updated Edition) (9780817441814): Bryan Peterson: Books

There also a number of web sites that deal with this subject: you could start with - Advanced Composition -- Part I - there are two following web siteswith the links at the end of the site. As well, have a look at this one - PhotographyComposition Articles Library as there are a number of links to sites on composition. HTH.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Books by John Shaw, Byran Peterson, Rob Sheppard, Jim Zuckerman, Brenda Tharp, Kerry Drager Look for online courses at BetterPhoto and PPSOP dot coms.

I'll second Michael Freeman's Trio of The Photographer's Eye, The Photographer's Mind and the Photographer's Vision. In that order.

Most reactions

Back