Composition?

MyCameraEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mycameraeye.com
Curious if this appeals to anyone as far as composition goes. Straight out of my Nikon D200, no post processing aside from a resize.

20060202152442_night_lamp_small.jpg

I like the tree as is but the pole seems a little too far to the right for me, I would like to see it further left and possibly with a little more pole showing. Not sure if that would have been possible from a different POV or focal length.

I love the blue in this though contrasting with the tree silhouette and the light.

:thumbsup:

I think you're right, a little more to the left and maybe a bit closer to the poll but not more down. I did not want to show the ground at all in this one.

Scott

errant_star said:
I like the tree as is but the pole seems a little too far to the right for me, I would like to see it further left and possibly with a little more pole showing. Not sure if that would have been possible from a different POV or focal length.

I love the blue in this though contrasting with the tree silhouette and the light.

:thumbsup:

I don't think there's anything necessarily all that off in the composition, though I would like to see a tighter crop. I just think that the subject matter doesn't really present anything particularly curious or enthralling. If your goal was just to take a photo of a lamp-post and a tree, then well done. If you're looking to make something really interesting out of the two, then yes, go back and try it from some funky angles. Otherwise, I think your composition is pretty good.

I think there is something interesting in the composition here, but i agree with errant_star about the left hand side. If you look at the negative space the two objects create.....the left had side seems a bit cut off from the rest of the composition. So less negative space there and i think it would work better, although your size may be too square then so a little off the top too. Nice tho :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back