Composition?

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by MyCameraEye, Feb 2, 2006.

1. MyCameraEye

MyCameraEye TPF Noob!

Curious if this appeals to anyone as far as composition goes. Straight out of my Nikon D200, no post processing aside from a resize.

[​IMG]

2. errant_star

errant_star TPF Noob!

I like the tree as is but the pole seems a little too far to the right for me, I would like to see it further left and possibly with a little more pole showing. Not sure if that would have been possible from a different POV or focal length.

I love the blue in this though contrasting with the tree silhouette and the light.

:thumbsup:

3. MyCameraEye

MyCameraEye TPF Noob!

I think you're right, a little more to the left and maybe a bit closer to the poll but not more down. I did not want to show the ground at all in this one.

Scott

4. Alpha

Alpha Troll Extraordinaire

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't think there's anything necessarily all that off in the composition, though I would like to see a tighter crop. I just think that the subject matter doesn't really present anything particularly curious or enthralling. If your goal was just to take a photo of a lamp-post and a tree, then well done. If you're looking to make something really interesting out of the two, then yes, go back and try it from some funky angles. Otherwise, I think your composition is pretty good.

5. Arch

Arch Damn You! Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think there is something interesting in the composition here, but i agree with errant_star about the left hand side. If you look at the negative space the two objects create.....the left had side seems a bit cut off from the rest of the composition. So less negative space there and i think it would work better, although your size may be too square then so a little off the top too. Nice tho :thumbup: