Concert Photography

deliamhubbard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm new here. I'm using a Nikon D3000 and shooting as a hobbyist hoping to improve to pro someday.

Would love to hear feedback on some of my concert photos...

Thanks in advance!

as2.jpg
389046_10150994678563611_1990084247_n.jpg
hotd1.jpg
gs1.jpg

Welcome to TPF, New Here! You've chosen a difficult aspect of photography to tackle, as the low light, rapid movement, and all-over-the-friggin'-place white balance makes for challenging work, but you've done a nice job. I'm quite surprised to see such noise-free images out of a D3000; what ISO were you shooting at?

1. Godo overall exposure, nice moment. I would to have seen the whole guitar, but that may not have been an option.
2. Exposure is spot on here as well, and both are nice monochrome conversions. Unfortunately you've cropped away a good deal of his left arm which IMO hurts the image somewhat, but there may have been no choice.
3. Good colours! it's hard to tell, but the image seems to lean slightly down to the left. These 'contemplative' shots are nice, but so are 'connection' shots. I hope you got some where he's looking at the audience.
4. Great shot! I see just a bit of motion blur in his right hand, but that doesn't hurt at all. The image does lean rather badly to the right however. I'd level it and crop the bottom off just to get rid of that aluminum stage panel.

Overall, a really solid effort - I'd like to see what you could do with a D4s & 70-200 f2.8! Looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you for the honest critiques!

They are all solid images, except for the fact they are all a bit soft. This is more than likely due to using a D3000 and not having the low light capabilities that the higher end cameras. Keep at it! Only one way to get better, and that is to practice practice practice!

as2c.jpg
I'm new here. I'm using a Nikon D3000 and shooting as a hobbyist hoping to improve to pro someday.

Would love to hear feedback on some of my concert photos...

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 97402

The first image can be greatly improved with just a little post. The guitar is much too dark. If you are including the instrument like this, you really want to make sure it looks good. Also, there's no need for the mic stand. Here's a sample correction that took under a minute. Not a final edit, but you get the idea.

Thank you for your edit. I can see how that is improved...

This kind of setting will really, really make you understand your camera. That's especially true if you try to shoot entirely on manual. I think you did great! I'm pickin' up what your puttin' down! Keep shooting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back