Concert shots

D40

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, I just went to a concert the other night and took 356 shots throught the evening. Here are 2 I would like your opinion on? I am thinking about getting the Nikon 55-200mm AF-S VR lens to complament my 18-55mm kit lens, what do you think? I could have gotten much better shots but I was stuck with only the kit lens, luckilly I was as close as was allowed so I was able to get some good ones:) The B&W was done in taken as a B&W. I don't think the angle on the 2nd one is anygood, Oh well, I gues I will just learn from my mistake:)

DSC_0349.jpg

DSC_0322.jpg

Thanks guys (galls:)

I like the first one though attention is drawn from the leadsinger to the drummer.The second one, I don't really like the grain or the angle.

First shot is Fantastic! Perfect Exposure!! Everything Right , no mistakes to learn from on this one, couldn't be better!! Second shot also good, but angle Kills it for me, I 'm sure this is the thing these days to shoot concert shots in this perspective, but I can't get into it...

The second one I put the camera in B&W mode so that was not an edit so not much I can do about that. I think I can PS the angle different right??? This was my first big shoot and I was trying different things that is why I am asking for your advise. Thanks:)

Maybe you will like the angle of this B&W better?

DSC_0324.jpg

I like the light about this guys head:)

DSC_0278.jpg

Angle much better for me lol!!

And as far as you looking for advice.... ----> I think more you should be giving it!! These shots and this lighting very difficult to expose .. each one you have here is very well done for concert shooting... The B+Ws might be a little on dark side/ and some shadows... but your color shots are dead on !!

Super Work!

Thank you very much! Most were shot in Aperture priority some with flash and some without. I had some of them blurred but I was changeing settings and trying different things throught the concert so... Overall I was pleased:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back