concrete, colour and tarmac

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
not sure if this works at all ... I did like the scene when shooting it, but now I am not sure.

D_1655.jpg

im digging it man that shodow leads you nicely and that red pops man
the lines are awesome allthough i do feel like the texture could be a bit better but it is good as well.
nice image

nice...I like it. It has an abstract feel. Great composition.

RyanX .. you mean the details on the building? As in not enough contrast on the texture? I gave that already a slight push, since it was even weaker in the beginning. The problem is, this is almost frontal light on that building.

love the composition Alex, very strong geometric image but it seems very bright and this makes me think in terms of b&w for this style. Have you tried processing one stop darker?

I tried several exposures, and decided for this very intense one.

Maybe it is the saturation which is too strong? I could try to go down with that, then it will hurt the eye less ;)

I like these abstract, strictly geometrical things in photos. Agreed about the brightness, but other than that ... this could have been taken by me :oops: ... erm ... I mean: if I had ever been to Detroit, on a day like that, and had come past this very scene, I would have felt compelled to take this photo, too!

Hmm, I start to wonderi f this "brightness" thing is a related to the different screens we use. On my large one it is not too bright, and there is actually a lot of detail in the bright parts, on my laptop however, it is a bit different ...

Looks suspiciously like the press entrance to Joe Louis Arena. :D

(I was there just the other day).

Nice work, Alex.

Jon

Looks suspiciously like the press entrance to Joe Louis Arena. :D

(I was there just the other day).

Nice work, Alex.

Jon

I was there April 3 for the Red Wings vs Blue Jackets :D

Very well put together Alex. I can see why you included the road in this composition, but there are several great shots that exclude it too.

Regards, Tony

Thanks Tony.

Indeed I also tried a square crop.which is also nice :)

I think the shadows (especially the "triangular" one on top) make this picture happen. I wonder how this moment in time would have looked composed without the entrance... It would have been way more abstract, for sure :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back