Confrontation in front of the Supreme Court, Washington, DC

It was shot in color but converted just because, as Andrew said, the color subverts the impact.
Color attracts the eye and, in many cases, changes the mood from neutral to festive.

The shot doesn't need any discussion, it stands just fine by itself.

Would you stop with your one track mindedness once in a while? Stop posing your opinion as fact all the time. It's obnoxious.

I'm sorry, IMHO, I will, IMHO, make sure to, IMHO, make it clearer that, IMHO, everything I say is, IMHO, clearly annotated as, IMHO, my opinion. IMHO.

ETA: Actually, of course, I won't. If you can't cope with the way I write, I suggest you use the Ignore feature.

I'm sorry, IMHO, I will, IMHO, make sure to, IMHO, make it clearer that, IMHO, everything I say is, IMHO, clearly annotated as, IMHO, my opinion. IMHO.

It's not a matter of you clarifying that it is your opinion, it's the fact that you impose your opinion on others and are very condescending about it.

It's not a matter of you clarifying that it is your opinion, it's the fact that you impose your opinion on others and are very condescending about it.

What? I impose nothing. This is an internet forum, I have no capacity to impose anything on anyone. This nonsense is off-topic and toxic, however. You may have the last word if you choose, I will decline to comment further.

I was going to ask if you got anything from court gathering Lew. Very awesome shot! Love the confrontation and expression! And I totally agree B&W was the way to go on this one.

Cool picture. I cant see how this is even an issue in this day and age... Embarrassing actually. Who cares. And why?

I'm in DC too and working at the far end of the National Mall from the SCOTUS, about 2 miles. I almost walked over there to get some shots since I had my DSLR on me, but I got busy and never had a chance to make it. Looks like a party! :sexywink:

I was going to ask if you got anything from court gathering Lew.

I get the best pictures at events like this from 'eruptions' of emotion and so I look around for situation where I can get that kind of thing and also shoot images specific to that time, hopefully showing against some background that places them.

There was a real problem here because the sun is rising directly behind the Supreme Court building and there is a very busy street with lots of traffic that prevented me from getting into a good spot (which turned out to be about halfway into the right traffic lane.)

I could get into the street for a couple of shots but even a CPL couldn't keep the pictures from looking a bit washed out from the glare. There was a Getty photographer whose pictures (on cnn I think) showed the same problem. Limited time, very crowded sight lines, terrible glare-y conditions. A medium overcast would have been great.

Ideally I would have been a few feet out so I could get more of the building and the inscription and still get her in the frame but that was not to be. I got onto the right line and started shooting while moving to get to the right perspective but oncoming traffic scared me back onto the sidewalk and then she moved.

$_0792650.jpg

Last edited:
Love the opening post it is one of those 1000 word images. IMO the story is very clear and very well told.

Yeah I dont see DC driving slowing down much to people on the edge of the roads. I sure wouldnt be able to stand it out.

A lot of emotion in that one too, too bad she moved and you didnt get another shot. There are a lot of things going on in there that grabs my attention, the obvious being the signs but also the upside down flag as shorts. Really odd!

Saw this in the photo of the month thread. Absolutely fantastic example of photojournalism.

Saw this in the photo of the month thread. Absolutely fantastic example of photojournalism.

Thanks, Dan.
But I saw the rest of the entries and they were amazing.
A grab shot doesn't get much traction in that field.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back