Confrontation in front of the Supreme Court, Washington, DC

I'm still trying to figure out what the Hell that guy's wearing...

Mesh shirt, shorts, and some sort of zippered footwear, perhaps a low boot, and some rather dashing mirrored sunglasses.

Saw this in the photo of the month thread. Absolutely fantastic example of photojournalism.

Thanks, Dan.
But I saw the rest of the entries and they were amazing.
A grab shot doesn't get much traction in that field.

Sorry Lew, I wouldn't call this a grab shot at all. You were there, they were there, but you waited to capture till just the right moment.

This picture seems to be some sort of a litmus test.
I've had a few people get really upset about the mesh-shirt guy, saying why can't he just dress normal, why is he flaunting his different-ness?
That's really the point I think for mesh-shirt guy.
Tolerance of people when they look, dress and act like you isn't too difficult.
My accepting my neighbors (a realtor and an architect) is no big medal for me.
Acceptance is when people can look and act as different as they want and that is OK with you.

I laughed at this guy because he was intentionally outrageous and he was putting the issue of acceptance right in everybody's face.

I imagine he's wearing what he thinks will make the point obvious to even the most obtuse person.

Yeah, it's a pretty polarizing photograph, like I said before! That makes it awesome.

It makes people want to express their political positions. I feel the urge myself, but I suppress it, since this is a photography forum.

I wasn't disagreeing with you.
I was just making the point that the fact that it occurred outside the Court at that time was secondary and while his behavior may not have been the best for that battle inside, he was fine for what he was doing.

that guy was awesome. I don't even CARE what he was there to do. I have no idea what his train of thought was, what his actual intentions were, what he hoped to accomplish, or if he even meant to accomplish anything at all... he was standing up to the WBC, and being who he was for himself. and that's good enough for me.

and no matter WHAT the answer to any of those questions are, its STILL a fantastic capture of a pivotal moment in our history, for better or for worse. You were THERE. i'll bet the emotion was so thick in the air you could see, feel, and taste it.

Well honestly people go do whatever they please, guys like that are the spice in this bland meal called life.

But... This goes for anyone trying to make some change to society, a nice suit goes a long way.

You have to assimilate to overtake.

Now we're just descending into straight up politics, and I'm guilty too.

Time to knock it off. Political debates are off limits. Plenty of forums for parading your opinions about homosexuality and the courts around elsewhere, this ain't one of them.

Aaaand now we're gonna get another locked thread. Great work, guys.

Quick, tmj, best you get your last word in.

If your statement isn't about photography then it doesn't belong in this forum!
Amolitor I like your new avatar.

Aaaand now we're gonna get another locked thread. Great work, guys.

Quick, tmj, best you get your last word in.

I'm done! Everybody have a great day! And I'm very sorry if offended anyone, as I know what it feels like! :)

It's a lovely, well executed photograph of a flamboyant character taking the piss out of a hate group. Well done, Lew.

Better?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back