Confusion !!!!! HELP PLeAsE!

Draken

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.earthscape.110mb.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so i've calibrated my monitor and all but now my next problem is WHY OH WHY!!! does a photo that looks great i CS3 once saved and open in windows (xp) it looks not as sharp, much less colour and just looks worse overall :-( ?

why does this happen >?

Cheers,

Mike,

CS3 uses the profile that you developed with the calibration. Windows does not. - TF

Re-read your OP. They should be just as sharp in Windows. Only thing should be the color/intensity. How are you saving them? Type and size? - TF

Workflow is done in Capture one 4 pro saved at 350dpi in 16 bit tiff format then opened in CS3 a few adjustments done then saved as a jpg at highest quality plus if it helps my monitor is calibrated with a Pantone Huey which sits in between my laptop and my EXternal 22" LCD (which i use to have only my photo open in view and tool bars and histogram e.t.c on my laptop which is a awesome idea helps alot with PP ) :)

You need to make sure the colour space that windows acceses is the same one that CS3 is using. It sounds to me like it is just using the wrong profile. I you should be able to go into windows colour mgmt and set the correct profile.

Most reactions

Back