Continues images

doron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,
What equipment do I need to have in order to take a picture every interval (let’s say every 30 minutes) of an object? I’d like to create a movie out of the sequence of the pictures over a week.
I tried to do that with my digital camera but it’s very hard to come every 30 minutes to hit the button.

there are a couple of choices on this.
1. Camera
2. Tripod
3. Remote (simple)
4. watch
Second option is the same but you need to get a more advanced remote that has a timer built in to it . I think link delight makes one on Ebay that is reasonably priced and has some pretty good reviews. O and you won't need a watch if you go that route.

If I think of anything else I will let you know.

What kind of camera are you using?

I use a Nikon DSLR and there is software that allows you to hook up your DSLR camera to your computer via the USB cable and the software will control the camera. You can set it for what ever interval times you want.

An intervolometer is what you're looking for.

The only camera that I personally know of that has this function built in (which doesn't mean much, I'm not a camera guru) is the Canon 10s. I only know that because I have one.

(could be 'intervalometer', I'm not 100% sure on the spelling.)

Last edited:
I do not know what camera you have. For Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT, XTi, & XSi Digital SLR Cameras. You can try this

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Remote-Control-Digital-Cameras/dp/B0012H4UQ0]Amazon.com: Opteka Timer Remote Control for Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT, XTi, & XSi Digital SLR Cameras: Electronics[/ame]

And of course, Canon make one too for more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back