Cool or Creepy? A few for C&C?

Shaky hands are a problem for me, too (pain throughout body, back problems, ...grrr). My next camera will have shake reduction in the body for this reason alone.

The second set of photos is very nice, as many have commented.

Thanks, yeah it does suck to have a tendency to have camera shake. I try not to breathe and still I can see it shake. So funny that everyone liked the photos that I felt were my worst ever! Hmm..makes me think, lol.

AMOMENT said:
Thanks, yeah it does suck to have a tendency to have camera shake. I try not to breathe and still I can see it shake. So funny that everyone liked the photos that I felt were my worst ever! Hmm..makes me think, lol.

Did you do the focus test? Just curious to know the results. Hopefully you used a tripod and/or fast shutter speed to compensate for your shaky hands ;)

Also, that af-c and tracking method mentioned in another post will probably take practice to get good with as well. I've never done it and have never really used af-c but I would assume it might take some time to get proficient with it.

Make sure when you shoot that you keep your elbows tucked to your sides and don't have a death grip on your camera. You also want your legs apart some (shoulder width maybe) to brace your body. Might help with camera shake a little. I read somewhere that holding your breath doesn't really help - instead you should breath normally and take the shot on exhale. I think it's because your body is tensed when you hold your breath but relaxes when you exhale. Not sure if it's true but it sounded accurate when I read it!

...at the bottom of the exhale, your body rests. Ask a sniper!

But this won't do any good taking pictures of rambunctious children.

At 1/800 of a second.. it is hard to believe that camera shake would be an issue... you would have to be vibrating almost...

Bitter Jeweler said:
...at the bottom of the exhale, your body rests. Ask a sniper!

But this won't do any good taking pictures of rambunctious children.

At a respiratory pause in the prone, we marines can plug a target at 500 yards. How I miss the field :), OP it seemed your adrenaline was running on overdrive.

Last edited:

At 1/800 of a second.. it is hard to believe that camera shake would be an issue... you would have to be vibrating almost...

I could also see it being an issue of hitting the shutter button and then moving before it fully closes, thus meaning where it locked focus moved in the frame, and therefore she missed focus. People with extreme camera shake do this sometimes, and it makes them miss focus even with really high shutter speeds. If this is the issue, AF-C would probably help.

Most likely it's a mixture of several issues: Camera shake, focusing on the wrong point on accident, moving the camera between focus lock and actuation, etc.

The first photo I like

26-4.jpg

35576w.jpg

Most reactions

Back