Cool Towers

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
What do you think? Colour or B&W, and how is the composition?

Thanks.

psc.jpg

psbw.jpg

I actually like both the color and the b&w versions of this one, tough choice. I think I actually slightly prefer the color, but I'm not sure why.

As far as the composition goes, I think you've done well to create more interest in the photo with the placement of the subject. I'd like to see a little less sky and and a bit tighter crop on the towers...it feels like there is just a little too much sky for me. Also, I'd like to see just a little more of the foreground (maybe to include all of the trees at the bottom left). Just my 2 cents worth! :)

I'll go with Chase on a few points. I like that's there is lots of sky, it sort of shows where the steam is going, but there is too much. You could cut off a chunk of the dark part at the top because there is nothing going on there. I like the placement of the towers, that lone sleeping chimney is sweet. :mrgreen: I would also like to see more of the foreground. It seems like you've cut it off a bit abruptly. It disrupts the natural flow that you had going with the lines.

I prefer the colour version. I think the towers look best with their slightly dirty shade of brown and the greens add a little extra interest. In the black and white version the greens have merged to give you a flat dark grey.

wow, thanks for that guys, the reason I cropped so much of the forefround out is because there was fair bit of trash in the way - I nearly got run down a couple of times taking this, as the main road (behind me) has a 60mph limit, and this side road has no turn off space, so people slam on their brakes, and swing into it as fast as they can to try and avoid being splatted by a truck.

Anyway, I cloned out a couple of errant traffic cones, and recropped - this better?

psc2.jpg

I had to check a few times. The two pictures look nothing alike!
I think the new one is far better. It feels more natural, like there's more interest, more to look at. To me anyway. Perhaps the road on the left is a little distracting, but I still prefer it.

The two sets have a completely different feel to them for me.

Cheers all, I have more of this location, I'll post them in the Gallery tonight see if there are any other keepers in there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back