Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday I met up with Stu (GoM) in Chicago for a beeeautiful day of photography fun! :p

We started out meeting up at the giant bean in Millenium Park (I was uh...like an hour early. Oops). I briefly met Stu's Dad, who decided to do his own thing for the day. He seems like a really cool guy! :)

We went to the museum campus for some skyline shots...went to a Central Camera in hope of getting to play with a 40D (they were sold out)...went to the Contemporary Museum of Photography (or something like that)...had good food...walked down Navy Pier...wondered around the northern end of the loop a bit...had some good food....and sadly, said goodbye. :(

I won't speak for Stu, but I certainly had an amazing time. It's great getting to meet online friends that you already know so well, that you are immediately comfortable around each other! That's been the case with pretty much everyone from TPF that I've met! :D

Anyway, on with the pics.

1) Waiting for Stu to show up
StuCorryChi001sm.jpg

2) Cupping the boobs of the world
StuCorryChi002sm.jpg

3) Eating at Ed Debevic's. I totally go the waiter to yell out "This guy's Canadian and he likes abuse!" to the whole restaurant. I love that place.
StuCorryChi003sm.jpg

4) Me, taking a picture of Stu on my camera, taking a picture of me, on his camera!
StuCorryChi004sm.jpg

5) I did a lot of 'take the pic w/out looking through the viewfinder' yesterday :lol: I'll let your imaginations run wild with what he's reacting to thee. :p
StuCorryChi005sm.jpg

6) "You're taking another picture of me?"
StuCorryChi006sm.jpg

7) Stalking pigeons
StuCorryChi007sm.jpg

8) Getting in the way of my attempt to take a pretty picture of the Sky. Er, not really, Sky wasn't there.
StuCorryChi008sm.jpg

9) Um...you guys already know that I rarely take pictures of anything but the people I am meeting up with, right?
StuCorryChi009sm.jpg

10) "Ok, get that camera out of my face, dammit!"
StuCorryChi010sm.jpg

11) The sun didn't cooperate for us when we were trying to find a place to take a meetup pic (I took a test shot here)
StuCorryChi011sm.jpg

12) Meetup shot! Nothing spectacular, but we were in a rush by this time (Stu had to get back to his hotel room to meet back up with his dad)
StuCorryChi012sm.jpg

13) When I arrived at the train station to go back home, I had just missed the last hourly train, and from there on out, the trains only ran every 2 hours. So...I had an hour and 45 minutes to kill. I was BORED.
You rang?
StuCorryChi013sm.jpg

14) LaSalle Street Station, track #8
StuCorryChi014sm.jpg

15) Not a great picture by any means, but Stu had mentioned something about "I figured fans would be split pretty much 50/50 between the Cubs and the Sox." upon noticing that Cubs fans were EVERYWHERE, and he'd hardly seen anyone in Sox gear....Yeah, how many Sox flags do you see flying outside of major businesses in Chicago!? :p (this was outside of the trainstation, which, I THINK is connected to the Chicago Board of Trade...I'll have to look that up and find out later)
Cubs flag, US flag, Illinois flag
StuCorryChi015sm.jpg

16) Peaceful
StuCorryChi016sm.jpg

That's all I've got, folks! Stu won't have anything for a few days yet, as he's still in The Windy City.

:clap: Yayyyy! What a fun thread. Too funny about the waiter at Ed's.

You got lots of nice shots of Stu, and I LOVE the pic of the phone you took when you were bored.

Ummm, given Stu's hatred for pigeons, is there a before and after shot of his pigeon stalking???

:lol: I'm not actually sure if it was pigeons he was actually taking pictures of...I was just guessing cuz there were some down there. :p

And if you aren't familiar with Ed Debevic's....it's the greatest place on earth...the staff is incredibly rude to you on purpose...the motto is 'Eat and Get Out'....it's great! :p Our waiter called Stu a weirdo. :lol: He didn't really pick on me that I can remember. Hehe.

:lol: Our waiter called Stu a weirdo. :lol: He didn't really pick on me that I can remember. Hehe.
Yikes...remind me never to eat at Eds...if Stu is a wierdo...:lol::lol: I can just imagine what my handle would be.
Cool thread Corry. Soooooooo glad you got to meet up with Stu. Very very , excellent guy.
Oh...loving the phone booth shot too.

BTW...when ya coming to meet the rest of us in Toronna. :mrgreen:

Yikes...remind me never to eat at Eds...if Stu is a wierdo...:lol::lol: I can just imagine what my handle would be.
Cool thread Corry. Soooooooo glad you got to meet up with Stu. Very very , excellent guy.
Oh...loving the phone booth shot too.

BTW...when ya coming to meet the rest of us in Toronna. :mrgreen:

I will not leave this earth without meeting you, Chiller! (and you, too, Anty!)

I don't know WHEN, but it will happen! :p

Wow Corry, I haven't seen a photo of you in awhile but you lost tons of weight (please take this as a compliment). I always love looking at meet-up photos. Keep them coming.

Wow Corry, I haven't seen a photo of you in awhile but you lost tons of weight (please take this as a compliment). I always love looking at meet-up photos. Keep them coming.

Heh, thanks, there was actually pictures up with me in them two or three weeks ago (meetup in Baltimore with Joe, over Labor Day).

I may look like I've lost weight, but I think I gained it all back between Ed Debevic's and PF Chang's that day! :p

Chicago is definately one of my favorite cities, never got to go out and shoot there, a bit jealous about that:blushing:

Im home!

Sort of...

Im on my mom's laptop as Im spending tonight in Toronto (landed ~1.5hrs ago) before taking the train back to uni tommorrow.

Fantastic weekend. Punctuated by a fantastic meetup. I have a bunch of shots from the meetup Ill get up here, and Ill prolly make a separate thread for the rest of my trip.

Corry - Get your passport renewed. Joe - Get a passport. Sky - ...I'm not sure of your passport situation, but resolve it. Get your 3 asses up here!

Good remark on the passports, for all three of them (and you, too, Stu!) will need it for their trip to GERMANY next year!

Funny meet-up photos, Corry, and you get to meet so many TPFers, I hope I'll get my chance next year then!!! :D

Now I am curious to ses Stu's pics.
Good to hear that you are safely back home and that you had a wonderful weekend away with a fantastic meet-up inbetween :D.

Yeah, I actually plan on getting (not renewing, I've never had one) my passport very soon! Sky has one, I believe, but as far as I know, Joe's needs to be renewed.

Stu, I am anxiously awaiting your pictures.

Back in London...

Uploading the shots from my cam...

Let the process begin

I liked to the shots! Looks like you were having lots of fun. Gonna have to get something going over here for a trip to Vancouver, BC. Lots of good photo ops there too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back