Costco is a devil!

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I heard Costco sells eneloop batteries. I went to Costco looking for eneloop batteries. I could not find these. Instead, I bought 48 pack of regular batteries, and I have to figure out how I'm going use all 48 batteries. :angry::BangHead::icon_pissedoff::mad-44:

Uh...why did you HAVE to buy 48 batteries instead of going somewhere else to buy either eneloop batteries or at least a smaller pack of regular batteries?

That ain't Costco's fault, son.

Uh...why did you HAVE to buy 48 batteries instead of going somewhere else to buy either eneloop batteries or at least a smaller pack of regular batteries?

I know. The batteries are very cheap in Costco. So tempting to buy a bundle. :allteeth:

I know. The batteries are very cheap in Costco. So tempting to buy bundle.

It's true, I don't blame ya. I just like to kid :D

Wouldn't it have been worth a phone call to see if they were in stock instead of driving there?

The thing about Costco, Sams Club and their ilk is they aren't really reliable when it comes to stocking stuff like that. What you see in the store today will be gone next week, never to return.

.. and I have to figure out how I'm going use all 48 batteries. :angry::BangHead::icon_pissedoff::mad-44:
Shoot fire, son! I use that many every 6 months or so. What with flashlights, clocks, children's toys, my computer keyboards and mice, flash units, RF remotes, portable radios, and some miscellaneous stuff.

Wouldn't it have been worth a phone call to see if they were in stock instead of driving there?

The thing about Costco, Sams Club and their ilk is they aren't really reliable when it comes to stocking stuff like that. What you see in the store today will be gone next week, never to return.

Costco is nearby my house. I don't mind to commute over there, just to get out of my house. There are plenty of stuffs are very useful to buy. It is amazing that Costco pretty much has everything.

Go back and buy a crapload more of those bulk packs and convert your car to electric. ;)

One of the best lessons to learn is to never buy something that is not **exactly** what you need or want, or at least the very-closest possible alternate or substitute. It's a lesson I've been teaching my young son for several years now; if we go to a store looking for a product, and the store does not have exactly what we want, we do NOT buy "something, anything", just to satisfy some shopping impulse...we leave with the money we came in with. In the long run, in today's world of diminished retail inventory and just-in-time restocking, it's often a better idea to shop on-line and order a product off the world wide web, and then to make 100% sure the product is AT the store...before going to the store and picking up the merchandise.

Secondly...when shopping at retail for specialty products, it's not smart to expect to be able to find specialty products at warehouse discount stores, or grocery stores,etc..

Guilty of doing this exact thing from time to time and it has rarely paid off to substitute with something else.A great lesson indeed.Having said that,I don't shop bulk,I don't need 55 gallons of laundry detergent.

Last edited:
I like the free samples and cheap beer.

Aww. I LOVE costco, so does my three year old. Every time we drive into town he shouts "do you hear that? Costco is calling us!" Hahaha. We can't figure out why he likes it so much, we don't usually let the kids eat the samples- so that can't be it.

At the moment though, I am a little sad with them! The day we FINALLY decided to buy the dumbell set, they were sold out all over and haven't restocked since. Then we bought a tv series, after checkout they immediately refunded us because they were again, out at all the costcos. Come to think about it, I haven't seen the eneloop batteries there lately!

I just checked; the Eneloop batteries are available at Amazon.

We used to shop there all the time, but it was such a drain of money. We would buy things we didn't need, or products with ridiculous quantities. My wife and I didn't need 15,000 cotton swabs... Or 2 gallons of ketchup... Or 15 pounds of confectioners sugar. :icon_crazy:

We'd go in thinking we would 'only' buy two or three items, and before we knew it, we had spent nearly $300. :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back