Could a camera phone compare to a camera?

I'm working with Motorola on a new handset they've brought out, the ZN5. It's the first camera phone to feature Kodak Image Technology, but how do images from a phone compare with images taken by a camera?

ZN5 pictures on flickr

Kodak isn't actually good Image Technology. Does Kodak even make a serious camera?

Has anyone looked at the Samsung 10 megapixel cel phone? It certainly looks like any point and shoot camera on one side and a phone on the other side.

skieur

interesting, which takes us back to the old saying, "who is firing the shutter".

it is amazing that a cell phones have come so far. Wonder how these images would look at larger sizes?

i am not trying to flame anything , but it would never cross my mind to use a cell phone for a photo, too many years of traditional work i suppose!

IMO, it's the artist, not the camera the makes a nice photo.
I take issue with people who say that. It's only partly true. Yes, the artist is necessary to make a good photo, but you do need a capable machine to capture it too. It's 50/50.

I've seen many debates on the photoshop forums along the same lines "It's the artist, not the tools". I then say to them "Alright, do the post work on your photos in MsPaint. Tell me how that goes"

It's 50/50. Artist/tools.

EDIT: Now, with that said, I'd like to give you all this disclaimer: There are 'pointnshoots' out there that do a fine job at capturing tones and resolution; I'm not necessarily saying that they are garbage and the SLR is the only way to go. I still like my little old Minolta Dimage A2.

I take issue with people who say that. It's only partly true. Yes, the artist is necessary to make a good photo, but you do need a capable machine to capture it too. It's 50/50.

I've seen many debates on the photoshop forums along the same lines "It's the artist, not the tools". I then say to them "Alright, do the post work on your photos in MsPaint. Tell me how that goes"

It's 50/50. Artist/tools.

EDIT: Now, with that said, I'd like to give you all this disclaimer: There are 'pointnshoots' out there that do a fine job at capturing tones and resolution; I'm not necessarily saying that they are garbage and the SLR is the only way to go. I still like my little old Minolta Dimage A2.

Exactly. Best chef in the world can't make chicken soup out of chicken ... well ... you get it. :)

specific tools allow the creative eye to accomplish certain feats of skill.

having the most expensive tool on the market doesn't take the place of creative ability.

I know some folks who have incrediable technical knowledge and their photos suck.

sorry about the underline, this just started and i am cluess as to why :)

They need to make a cellphone with interchangeable lenses...

Yes, preferably with a Nikon mount so I can use all my lenses! Like this:
NikonMountCellPhone.jpg

:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back