could do with some border suggestions....

Camper Dave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagestack.co.uk
hi peeps,

could i get some opinions from people about what sort of border to put on this pic? i've never put a border on any of my pics before as i've never seen the need (as most just end up sitting in folders on my computer or in drawers around the house). but having seen a lot of pics on here with borders i think it makes a huge difference.

tall_edit2.jpg

i really like this pic so i'm definately wanting to do something with it, although i'm not sure what at the mo. would a border suit it, or would it be best left as is and, say, printed onto canvas over a wooden frame type thingemy? i'd quite like to get my web address in too. decisions, decisions......

what ya recon?

cheers guys :)

firstly... LOVE the subject! i have a 1975 van at home... (plus a 75 rabbit and a lot of random bugs) is it yours?

as for borders and stuff... i think i agree with your printed canvas idea... but i would suggest taking a few more at the same size and shape and doing a series, that would give it a lot of presence on a wall and create a collage effect.

if you really wanted to do a border, it wouldn't be anything heavy... perhaps a thin black line and a wide white one.

That's what I was thinking as well...one black line and one white one.

cheers guys :D

it's not mine unfortunately green, just a photo i took at a show. i've got a '72 van though, a bug, a baja and a karmann bug :D plus a daily driver polo. perhaps a few too many :oops:

really like the collage idea! i think i'll try that, thanks :D

hahahah... i think vw people tend to be collectors. one is never enough. throw in a love of photography and you've got lots of pictures.

Strange word the www is. I, to, am a VW enthusiast (freak) I have owned 19 VW's in the last 12 years and currently have an 02 1.8T Jetta, a 71 Karmann Ghia (my baby) and an 89 Fox (polo) that I was building into a rally car, until I decided to take up photography, now I have no money.......................Having trouble seeing the pic though?

Strange word the www is. I, to, am a VW enthusiast (freak) I have owned 19 VW's in the last 12 years and currently have an 02 1.8T Jetta, a 71 Karmann Ghia (my baby) and an 89 Fox (polo) that I was building into a rally car, until I decided to take up photography, now I have no money.......................Having trouble seeing the pic though?

I have been lurking around on this forum for a few weeks, checking out what everyone is capturing, and I stumbled across this post, and decided I would add my $.02.

I too am a VW enthusiast. (If the name didn't tip you off...) I currently have a 2003 VW GTI 20th Anniversary. I have several photos of my car on my website. The link to my site is in my profile. Please visit!

As for a suggestion with the bus, I would definately add a border. Leave the actual photo corners at a sharp 90 degrees, but add a very thin, black border with rounded edges about 1/8 off the photo. I believe the hard corners of the photo will complement the hard angles of the VW symbol, and the softer rounded edges of the border will complement the rounded window, and the circle around the VW symbol. Give 'er a shot...and let us see!

i must be the only one getting a partial image???? :?

I believe the image is only as it appears. Just a small sliver.

I think it depends on your imagination to see the rest of the photo...

jonmikal said:
i must be the only one getting a partial image???? :?
I thought the same thing. It seems like the pic should be cropped about 6 inches behind the front door.

Dave, got any more of the pic for us to play with?

green said:
hahahah... i think vw people tend to be collectors. one is never enough. throw in a love of photography and you've got lots of pictures.

yeah, i don't really know anyone who has just one :lol: think the average is at least 2 or 3 :D

btw, i've put up a couple more vw photo's on my site - gallery 5. only a couple but feel free to have a nosey - the white bay window is mine :)

Algoessailing said:

yeah my photobucket account keeps disappearing and reappearing, but should be pretty sorted now i think :)

Most reactions

Back