Couple of HDR shots - DC

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So bored till camera comes so trying with older pix (PS camera)
Good? Bad?

1. Old
DSC00554.jpg

HDR
HDRDC.jpg

2. Old
DSC00555.jpg

HDR

CapitalHDR.jpg

Alternate Capital HDR (Looks more like painting than real)

CapitalHDR2.jpg

Ehhh, to be brutally frank, I much prefer the original version of all three, and IMO, taking the original back to the pixelroom, and doing a few basic levels/curves tweaks and maybe some minor burning and dodging would produce a much more pleasing end product.

HDR isn't the problem. The shots are so wide, and the subjects are small and not presented in an appealing or original way. You could take the same shot with a million dollar camera and lens, post-process it to hell and back, and it'd still be boring.

Get close, fill the frame.

HDR isn't the problem. The shots are so wide, and the subjects are small and not presented in an appealing or original way. You could take the same shot with a million dollar camera and lens, post-process it to hell and back, and it'd still be boring.

Get close, fill the frame.

Thanks. The shots weren't meant for anything special. We were walking and had a PS and snapped them. Just one of those shots. But since I have no new images to work with, I did.

Will figure it out once I get the new camera next week to work on better shots. Thanks for looking

I have one suggestion, try de-saturating them a bit to bring the colors more inline with the original photo.

Found this pic (NYC) as going through some pics so trying to play with it to see if I can bring more of the boats and buildins out of dark...

Original
NYCTrip2010223.jpg

HDR
Hudsons.jpg

Most reactions

Back