Couple shots from a local park

black_z

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A little park in Davidson, NC.

In the second pic, they are actually running towards me thinking I have some food! Even though you aren't supposed to feed them.

9.jpg

3-2.jpg

1-1.jpg

Never seen one this color before?
1.jpg

3-1.jpg

5.jpg

Wish I could have got a pic with a leg/foot up in the air to show that it was kicking up water!
4.jpg

Tried and tried to get one with the wings spread out instead of back!
6-1.jpg

Was cracking up watching this little dude clean all the water off of himself!
8.jpg

7-1.jpg

Slowed the shutter down to 1/50 to show him rolling his head back and forth! Pretty funny to see.
2.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

For some reason they sleep/rest with one foot off the ground and their beak tucked under a wing!
7.jpg

Wow...I mean I’m a really evil critical picture **** when it comes to judging peoples pictures and these are good =D. I mean i love the shots, and I don’t say that much so congrats you have some beautiful pictures there.

These are very nice and you did really well with regards to lighting, shutter speeds, DOF and all those elements. These ducks and geese (well, the geese only show in the second pic where they come running towards you) were a very cooperative lot, by the look of things, letting you take their pics while they swam, ate, and later oiled themselves ... until they decided it was time for a nap. Really friendly, wanting-to-be-models ducks! :D

Thanks! Evidently people feed them all the time, because like I said, they were RUNNING towards me thinking I had food! :)

I love #9! Damn cute little fellow.

Great series. It's always so nice when your subject co-operates with you... and yours sure did. #'s 5 & 9 are my faves. I love how you captured the open mouth in #9 & 10.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back