Creating a Physical Portfolio

Thank you C.c.. My problem is that the money is not mine to spend. My family, like most others nowadays, isn't doing so well financially speaking. I'll be able to spend, at the absolute most, $150.00. I'll try what you said and look in a craft store though, and I'll be sure to come back to TPF for advice.

It's a little late in the season for a lemonade stand but there's got to be some way for you to put some money together in spite of your age.

Talk to the Elks Club, the Moose club, whoever is in your community.

I'd get a really nice 11x14 notebook/journal with really nice paper, and then get the highest quality prints possible, and try and find somewhere to dry press them in. Spray adhesive works well too. Like someone said, 8x10's will fit nicely in an 11x14 book, either vertically or horizontally. Some places will have a thinner paper which will stop the book from getting too thick in the middle. Some people like to have an artist's statement with each image on the following or facing page. My old photo teacher hated that, but for a viewer that might have less photographic knowledge, it could work to your benefit. Describing the process of capturing a certain image and its intended meaning can help them understand an image better. If you do this, consider a ringed notebook so images can be viewed independently of their description though.

Just my two pennies.

Phil, I can't give you any advice on your portfolio, I just wanted to say good luck! You are a very smart young man. Good for you setting high goals for yourself and wanting to be the best you can be! Even though I don't know you, I am thinking about you and wish you the best of luck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back