creative cloud help

paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.paigewilks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am finally upgrading to creative cloud.Sometimes I feel so computer illiterate :/ How do I switch the programs? When I download the new LR will it automatically replace my older copy? or will I have two copies?

When you download it, there will be 2 different versions of LR on your computer. You should be able to open the CC version and open your existing catalog. At that point, just delete the older version of LR and you should be good to go!

What computer Operating System (OS) do you have?

No it won't automatically replace an older version. You'll still have the older one.

LR will add the new version of the program and then make the new version of LR the default to open catalogs.
PS and others will update the CC programs with fixes unless there is a major new version.
It will install the new version in addition to the old one and set the new one as a default.
My behavior is to use the new one for a while to be certain it is functioning decently and only then delete the prior version.

The process is fairly transparent and has worked flawlessly for me so far.

Awesome! I updated and it was pretty painless. I'll delete the old version in a week or so. Thanks for the tip :D

what happens when you stop subscribing ?
does the software disappear/not function on your computer ?

I looked this up online
after your subscription ends you have a trial version for 30 days.
Then after that the software doesn't work and needs you to resubscribe

Lightroom does allow access to your library, just no Develop features ==> What happens to Lightroom after my membership ends?

It is so nice not having to wait 18 to 24 months for the next release - pre-subscription - for the new stuff they have developed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back