Creekside Cabin

Reaction score
Website
www.bhtj.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend and I went up into the hills shooting one weekend. Here is a shot that i particularly liked. Critique is welcome. Tear it up!

Here is the 8x10 that i ended up cropping and printing
cabin1.txt

i bet if you bumped the levels it would pop out more. im figuring you increased exposure time to get what appears to be motion in the stream. if so, it cost with a little overexposure. i can't decide if i see a blue tint or not?

i like the setting and it has a bit of an IR feel as well.

I like this composition and the setting as well and I agree with Jon about the IR look. It's a good picture. I also see a little lean in the picture that looks like you had about a two degree lean to your left when you took it. You can adjust that in PS. IMO, the whole picture was exposed for too long and it's too blown out for my tastes. I love the blur in the water but the over exposure takes away from the picture tremendously. Great picture, great Idea, just needs another go with less exposure and without the lean.

sorry. let me clarify, the picture seems tilted about 2-3 degrees to the left... It's a pet peeve of mine that I believe landscape type of pictures should be level.

thanks for the help

it was a very bright sunny day and i only had tmax 100 b+w with me. I shot it at iso 25 because i really wanted the milky look in the water. Looks like i had too long of a shutter speed. Looks like its trial and error. I will get a better pic next time i go up! see if i can get it when its not quite as bright so their is less glare on the water

You can also carry an ND filter with you and a CP filter so you can eliminate the glare while allowing for a longer exposure.

Sorry, I forget to not abbreviate all the time. :oops:

ND=Neutral Density filter. It's like sunglasses for your lens. You can get them in steps and they run for under $30 in most cases.

CP=Circular Polarizer. That's the one that reduces glare and reflections, and darkens as well. Also brings out blue in the sky, kinda like polarized sunglasses. You can get one anywhere from $30 to $150 depending on what size you would need.

blown out or not I like it. I find the high key look pleasing to the eye. If it were mine I would try increasing the mid range contrast using curves or CSs shadow/highlight tool.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back