CS3 vs Lightroom

jamesino

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In terms of RAW file manipulation and post-processing, does Photoshop CS3 offer all of the features and functionality of Adobe Lightroom (newest version)?

I just got lightroom today, and i also have CS3 extended.

I dont understand lightroom the greatest right yet.. But, what i do grab from it.. is it is like the CS3 raw editor for every picture. I think i like it more. There is a way in CS3 to do everything that you could in lightroom... But lightroom is set up to not have the thins photographers dont need.

I will still use both.

Well lightroom is more of a edit a lot of pictures quickly and sort them, small things like color correction, shadows/highlights, cropping and such. CS3 Is more of the detail oriented work I think. I have both and love both for different things. I tend to do basic editing in lightroom and then if I need to do more to a picture or some detail work, ill open it up in CS3.

Kind of, but they're completely different pieces of software. Lightroom is brilliant for management of pictures and is aimed at photographers based on it's tool and functionalities.

PS does everything you could want with regards to image editing and retouching. It features Adobes Camera Raw plugin which does a great job of raw file adjustments, but it is not aimed at just photographers.

Hard to compare, they're both worth having !

I tend to do basic editing in lightroom and then if I need to do more to a picture or some detail work, ill open it up in CS3.

Same here. Lightroom makes my post-processing workflow a lot more smooth, and a lot faster!

Most reactions

Back