Curious about camera colors

Pedro_lopez

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lately I been doing a lot of research on a lot of camera aspects, I just recently started wondering about different cameras color rendition. I've been running across how Fuji cameras give amazing colors and also how canon glass has warmer skin colors. I've even noticed my a7ii with 50 1.8 gives a green tint that I deal with in post.

I guess what I'm wondering is does it matter when shooting in raw? Essentially you can control the look in post process but I'm wondering if different color rendition gives you a different tone of colors to work with?

Can you make Sony pictures look like photos shot on a Fuji? Or does that certain style only come from shooting on the Fuji's and their specific sensors? Does shooting canon with their canon glass give you an advantage for skin tones over other systems and their lenses?

I'm still figuring out my color style when it comes to my post process.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Lately I been doing a lot of research on a lot of camera aspects, I just recently started wondering about different cameras color rendition. I've been running across how Fuji cameras give amazing colors and also how canon glass has warmer skin colors. I've even noticed my a7ii with 50 1.8 gives a green tint that I deal with in post.

I guess what I'm wondering is does it matter when shooting in raw? Essentially you can control the look in post process but I'm wondering if different color rendition gives you a different tone of colors to work with?

Can you make Sony pictures look like photos shot on a Fuji? Or does that certain style only come from shooting on the Fuji's and their specific sensors? Does shooting canon with their canon glass give you an advantage for skin tones over other systems and their lenses?

I saw something in a Facebook group I belong to about LR presets that simulate the Fuji Chrome film simulation. The shooter wanted to shoot in RAW for all situations but wanted the Chrome simulation look for most of her output. There was a lot of discussion also on how to create your own presets - desaturate the blues, +X on the reds, +X contrast etc. I think it can be done but sounds like it would be a lot of work if you can't use a preset.

The Fuji cameras are using Sony sensors. What you're seeing is primarily the product of software and not hardware.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back