Cuts, Scrapes and Scars.

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
I was thinking of posting this in the themes section. But I guess if people join it there will be more snapshots than photographs.

Here are two from me. I've got a few scars. Most I don't know how they got there. For instance the one by my hairline which is more of a large straight dent. :? I do know how I got the scar that I have between my eyes though. I picked a chicken pox when I was little. :oops: There is also one on the front of my right hand which I got by getting my hand stuck behind a hot radiator when I was little.

scrapes_002.jpg

This is my right wrist. The scar isn't all that visible now. I'm not sure when it was done. We moved to our new house when I was nine and this was at the old house. So 6-8 at a stab. I was having a play fight with my dad who happened to have a screw driver in his back pocket. It's shrunk quite a bit. It only just missed a vein. No stitches.

scrapes_001.jpg

And these are my latest scrape. They're on my right hand and caused by ringing a bell. :eek:

I think I could gross everyone out with scars here. I've had 7 surgeries. 2 open heart, 2 devince implant, 1 exploratory, and 2 hernia. My chest is like a battlefield, although everything has healed up pretty nicely.

I have one long scar that starts just above my 'bikini line ' ( for want of a better term ) and runs up the centre of my belly , curves tightly around my belly button and ends about 5 cm's above belly button.

Gained this nice 'lil' scar last year when my appendix burst. The guy in emergency had discharged me and was about to send me home ( for the 2nd time in 2 days ).
The eijitt had doped the pain down ( like he did the previous night I was in emergency ) with pain killers so he decided I was ok after all and that I just needed to go home , go to bed and wait for whatever it was to pass.
When I tried to stand up I found I couldnt and decided " screw this , I'm gonna make a fuss and force them to investigate whats wrong with me."
My sister alerted a passing nurse , who went and found a surgeon who was about to go home for the night ( It was Easter weekend , trust me to get sick when everyone wants to stay at home and eat chocolate ) .
She asked him to come and have a look at 'this young girl in emergency' before he left...he spent 2 minutes checkin me over and rushed me up to surgery to find my appendix had been burst for at least 4 hours and my other organs marinating in poison basically. Nice work lol.
Usually I wouldnt have as big a scar ( the scar would normally be a couple of cm's on the side of the abdomen .....) but my appendix was on the opposite side to where it should be and they hadda open my tummy up in a massive hurry.

Aaaaw! Poor Lumi!!! Glad they got it when they did! I don't want to imagine what mighta happened if you had gone home!

I have two 2-inch scars right down the center of each knee (from surgeries)...um...a little one in my right eyebrow from when I fell off the bed I was jumping on when I was 4 or so...two more on my left knee from another surgery...um...and a bunch of little ones!

Yeah if i saw that dopey emergency doc I woulda given him an earful.I'm sure some action was taken because if I had of just gone home as he asked me to there was a very good chance I could have developed severe peritonitis or experienced organ failure and all that good stuff that doesnt bode well for a human being lol. I was encouraged to sue , by a lot of people , but ultimately I didnt. Was in hospital 2 weeks , lost about 6 kg's ( I think thats about 11 - 12 pounds ) in 5 days coz I couldnt keep even water down for the first week.
Not fun :confused:
Thanks you two :hug:
Btw Core , I can SO picture you jumpin around on beds like a hooligan when ya were little :lol:

Yeah, the gushing blood coming from my forehead when I was 4 didn't teach me a thing! I always loved jumping on the bed! Still would if it weren't for the fact that I'd hit my head on the ceiling and break the bed!

Jumpin on the bed was fun ;). My parents spoilt my fun though ; they had a water bed and they bought me my own lil water bed too .. doesnt make for good-jumpin :lol:

So I improvised and used to swing around like a monkey on the Hills Hoist clothes line :twisted:

Oh and to get the kiddies off the clothes line they bought us a trampoline.

Oh the damage we did to ourselves on THAT thing .... we used to jump and land accidently on the springs , or jump on the mat the wrong time ( in between the other kid jumpin ) and we'd POING off on an angle , into the air and WHOP onto the ground :LOL: ..... my best g/f managed to ping herself off the trampoline and wrapped herself around a tree one time.....oh god that was funny ! ( and yes , even she laughs at the memory , long after the pain has gone ) :LOL:

Ooooh, as much fun as I had jumpin on the bed...and as much fun as it LOOKS to play on the trampoline...I'm kinda scared to death of em! I wasn't when I was little, but when I was little I got very few chances to play on them...and by the time I knew someone who had one, I already started having all my knee problems, and well...I'm sure you can understand why I'd be scared to jump on a trampoline then!

Yeah , I think as most people get older they develop more fear and apprehension.
I used to do all sorts of air flips on that thing ... backflips , forward flips ... twisting flips...... lol you name it , I tried it. But I got on a trampoline a few years ago and was timid to even try a simple forward flip.
Kids , in the pursuit of fun , tend to be fearless though. I think its a great way to be though ( fearless that is ....to an extent ).

Well, that, and mostly I was afraid because of all the knee problems I've had. Both of them have dislocated several times. I've been through 3 surgeries, 2 on one 1 on the other...3 knee doctors, and hours and hours of physical therapy. I'm VERY cautious about things that may cause ANY more injury to my knees! Thankfully, the doc I have know...the one that did the surgery on each knee that left the two inch scars..is FANTASTIC! I have arthritis in my knees because of it, but they don't dislocate anymore. I love that man.

Ouch Matt and Luminosity (can I call you Lumi for short? It's quicker :))! I guess I'm lucky to have never gone under the knife. Yet... The longest I've been in hospital was half a day when I collapsed walking from the bathroom to my bedroom during the middle of the night. I had some sort of virus or something and I got a day off school. The only thing that comes close (which it doesn't at all) to surgery is when I had to have an in growing toenail fixed. I used to play football with my nail sticking into my skin for over a year. My socks used to be all nice and bloody at the end. :mrgreen: And when I jumped from the top of the climbing frame at nursery and my chin hit another kids head. My tooth went through my lip and I need stitches. I've never broken a bone or dislocated anything either. I have hurt a knuckle by punching a wall in anger. My hand came up a lovely shade of blue and the knuckle is now an indent compared to the others.

I did trampolining as part of my GCSE (final school exams) at school. I got as far as learning how to do a forward roll, but didn't learn it fast enough to be able to use it. :? It's scary at first, but once you get the hang of the bounce its fine. We also had to have spotters around the outside holding their hands up in case we fell. A lot of good that would have done if we fell on one of them. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back