D3000 has arrived - reading advice pls

momof3shan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My Nikon D3000 is here and I already LOVE it. I have read the manuel, but I need some advice on good books about lighting and shooting - so for all you pro's who actually take pics of people and handle the prints for them - what book helped you, if any??

If you use the search function, it's been discussed at least 5 times a week.

Sometimes it takes less energy just to help.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D3000-Digital-Field-Guide/dp/0470582073/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267574872&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Nikon D3000 Digital Field Guide (9780470582077): J. Dennis Thomas: Books[/ame]

I have the D5000 version of that book. Very Helpful.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=D3000&x=0&y=0"][/ame]

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Amazon.com: Nikon D3000 Digital Field Guide (9780470582077): J. Dennis Thomas: Books

:thumbup: Some people are too cool to help others in a "Beginner's" forum.

+1... also Understanding Exposure is a great resource.

And some people are too lazy to type in a few key phrases in a search bar. There's seriously at least five of these threads a week.

Amazon.com: Nikon D3000 Digital Field Guide (9780470582077): J. Dennis Thomas: Books

:thumbup: Some people are too cool to help others in a "Beginner's" forum.

+1... also Understanding Exposure is a great resource.

And some people are too lazy to type in a few key phrases in a search bar. There's seriously at least five of these threads a week.

What difference does it make to you? Is it taking up space on your server? This is a forum, not an encyclopedia, it's for people asking questions, and getting answers.. if you don't want to answer, then don't, but no need to be a smart ass. Maybe you shouldn't be reading these "beginners'" posts. Maybe you're ready to move up to the professional forum. :thumbup:

Understanding Exposure by Peterson will be some of the best money you will spend, its a great book.

I personally think that older, pre-digital books on photography are the best teaching aids. Your local library probably has at least 50 titles on photographic subjects. The nice thing about the pre-digital books is that they are less software-driven,and emphasize camera and lens work over post processing. I would head to the library and check out a few books,and see what you can learn.

+1 on the local library.

If you'd like, you can look at my blog, Digital SLR Basics. There is a link in my siggy ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Most reactions

New Topics

Back