D3200 Delayed Flash

HeldInTheMoment

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone know why my wife's D3200 has a VERY delayed shutter release when a external flash is attached? We've tried a variety of flashes and all have a horrible delay (1-2 seconds almost). My D7100 has no issues...

Anyone know why my wife's D3200 has a VERY delayed shutter release when a external flash is attached? We've tried a variety of flashes and all have a horrible delay (1-2 seconds almost). My D7100 has no issues...

Check to see if the self timer is set to On, if so turn it off.

That of course would make the most sense, but when I take the speedlight off of the hot-shoe, the delay goes away. Would the flash change a self-timer setting somehow? It's ONLY when the speedlight is attached via hot-shoe...

Only other thing I could think of is maybe it's set in some sort of sync mode, like rear curtain. If I remember correctly that should display on the lower left of the info screen.

Thanks, I'll have to check when I got home...it's weird. The D3200 works fine until I add a flash into the hot-shoe, then the delays start. I can take the flash off and it works just fine again. I put the SAME flash onto the D7100 and no issues. Tried it with 3 different flashes, same results...all in TTL and Manual modes (just to be safe).

Just curious if this was a D3200 thing?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back