D60 Raw and CS2

Gnat5680

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.digitalnoirfilms.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, i seem to have run into a problem... I shot a wedding last night and me and the other photographer shot in RAW. Well, I have Photoshop CS2 and it seems it can't open the NEF file.

So, aside from upgrading to CS3 or CS4.... What can I do to get the RAW files to work in CS2? I tried upgrading to the latest update I could, Camera RAW 3.7. But that didn't work.

Right now I am using the included software that came with my Camera. but it is not as efficient as I want it to be.

Right now I am using the included software that came with my Camera. but it is not as efficient as I want it to be.
I'd say camera (D60) isn't sufficient for wedding either but its a dif story. :)
Check the version of adobe camera raw you're using to make sure it includes d60 compatibility.
For Nikon RAWs, I prefer using CaptureNX2. I never learned camera profiles in ACR and don't really have time now thus raw --> jpg if ready to print or raw --> tiff if will be using more processing.

Convert them to .dng, from .nef.

This will do the trick.

Simply download the newest (currently v5.6) of the "DNG Converter" from Adobe's download site. Its a free download. While you're at it, check to make sure you have the last of the PS/CS2 compatible versions of ACR installed. PS/CS2 uses the v3.x family.

The DNG Converter can batch convert proprietary camera-specific RAW files, such as Nikon's NEF flavors, into Adobe's "universal" RAW format. The ACR plugin for PS/CS2 can open and process the resulting DNG files. Actually any version of PS back to PS/CS will work provided the ACR is at least v2.2.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back