D70 COMPACT FLASH "WRITE SPEED"

I know card speed and file size make a differents.But what is the speed of the camera ?If the camera processing speed is 20x then I buy a 20X card.

yeah I'd like to know it too. I heard here from Anua about card speed but I don't know what it really is. She mentioned something about a speed of xd picture cards for olympus.

Well this isn't hard evidence, but I went to CNET.com and looked at the review for the D70 and extracted this paragraph. Hope it is somewhat helpful.

"Terrific continuous shooting, however, really distinguishes the D70 from the prosumer pack. Capturing best-quality JPEG photos to a 32X Lexar CompactFlash card, the camera took the first 20 shots at 1.6 frames per second, then dropped to a steady 1.4fps. Other models are quicker, but with the D70, you trade a little speed for a lot of frames, and we think that's a fair deal. More important, you get to choose the number of shots; you just lower the resolution to snap faster. For example, set to VGA resolution, the D70 maintained a consistent rate of almost 19fps. But we wish that zippy performance extended to the RAW format. Continuous drive was at its worst when we shot in RAW or RAW and JPEG simultaneously: the camera captured 3 photos at 3.2fps before slowing to 0.2fps. "

http://reviews.cnet.com/Nikon_D70/4505-6501_7-30732134-5.html?tag=top

Most reactions

New Topics

Back