d7000 problem

revid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
sometimes when Iam using my nikon it'll start delaying the shot.I press the shutter and it'll be a second before it closes the shutter.I'll reset the settings and then good to go.Is there any particular setting besides the obvious a-priority setting?

Are you shooting in low light and it is taking longer to achieve focus?

You reset what settings?

Have you read, and understood, the D7000 user's manual?

sometimes when Iam using my nikon it'll start delaying the shot.I press the shutter and it'll be a second before it closes the shutter.I'll reset the settings and then good to go.Is there any particular setting besides the obvious a-priority setting?
A second to CLOSE the shutter or to OPEN it? You should hear the mirror snap up, the shutter open and close, and the mirror snap down. If you hear the mirror snap up, a 1 second delay, and then the shutter it's probably because exposure delay is turned on (which allows the vibrations from the mirror coming up to dampen before the exposure). If you hear the mirror come up, the shutter open, and THEN there is a one second delay then it's because the exposure is taking a second or longer. Look at the exposure data on your LCD and see what the exposure time was.

I dont have my camera with me now but can I turn of exposure delay?

I dont have my camera with me now but can I turn of exposure delay?
Yes. The information is on page 219 of your owner's manual. It is in the Custom Settings Menu, Item D11.

It could be a focus issue, if the camera is set to "s" it wont take a photo until it thinks its acheived focus--i think u can turn this feature off, or switch to "c"

thanks had the exposure already turned off.Whats the s or c for?

Page 91 of the manual.

ok guys thanks.

This could be a few different things: you are bumping it into bulb mode; you are shooting in an auto mode or shutter priority mode and the meter is metering something very dark and choosing a very slow shutter speed; you are shooting in a low contrast situation where the camera is having a hard time locking focus-if focus doesn't lock it won't fire the shutter causing the delay; you could be using a timed shutter delay...
Can you post a photo that this has happened on and leave it so that we can look at the full exif data.

what ever it was it won't do it again but thanks for the help.much appreciated

djacobox372 said:
It could be a focus issue, if the camera is set to "s" it wont take a photo until it thinks its acheived focus--i think u can turn this feature off, or switch to "c"

It was probably the quoted issue. Use "s" when shooting fixed objects. It gives you a more precise focus. Hence, the camera won't shoot until the the green dot is in the view finder. Use "c" when shooting moving objects. The camera will shoot even it the subject isn't 100% in focus. The easiest way to change the settings is by holding the AF button and spinning the back wheel.

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

thanks guys

Most reactions

New Topics

Back