D750 & d7100 differences

The D750 also has the EXPEED 4 image processor.

Most of the cost difference is from the bigger FX image sensor.
They can make many more DX sensors on a wafer of silicon
So, it costs about 4x more to make an FX sensor compared to making the smaller APS-C (DX) sensor.

There isn't enough of a difference other than the FX sensor and fancier processor.
Similar viewfinder, similar AF system, similar handling, similar button layout. The next Nikon that would really be an upgrade would be the D8x0 series, but that's significantly more expensive. If I were in his/your boat, I wouldn't bother. You'd/he'd probably be upset, or let down, or both,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is already playing around with his d7100 & 50mm arty farty f1.4. I have also had a little time with it, it is a pretty incredibly camera for the price. :applause:

Now i'm having doubts myself about the d750 after having watched karl taylor have a go with the 7D MK 2. I'm just thinking: why couldn't nikon come out with a 7D MK 2? :cold:

it even has a built in intervalometer so you can do your time lapse photography.

He is already playing around with his d7100 & 50mm arty farty f1.4. I have also had a little time with it, it is a pretty incredibly camera for the price. :applause:

Now i'm having doubts myself about the d750 after having watched karl taylor have a go with the 7D MK 2. I'm just thinking: why couldn't nikon come out with a 7D MK 2? :cold:

You do realize that the 7D MK II is a crop sensor DSLR right? I thought you were completely against that for yourself?

I would have to give up my wide angle aspirations, but i would be willing to make that sacrifice if they came out with a crop version of the d4. The 7d mk2 is as close as it gets right now.

Take an 85mm f1.4 and both cameras.

Shoot a subject with the 7100 and then move up until you get the same image size with the FF camera and then shoot, booth at f1.4.

Print both shots in 8x10 and then as Designer said if the difference isn't worth the cost then his answer is clear.

it probably isn't, to be honest.
unless need the low light full frame swivel screen and wifi.
Generally speaking, your average shooter probably wouldn't need too. Maybe you guys should DOWN grade? Much cheaper, and you still have a new camera to play with. Plus with less money invested it could be more fun. And if you downgrade, you can be different than everyone else.

You just named 3 key features everyone could use that exists within the d750 that doesnt exist in the 7100.

More than enough reason to consider it for most people.

WiFi, video aperture control, bigger viewfinder, bigger buffer, likely better image quality due better dynamic range, swivel screen.

It is possible depending on what you shoot that none of the above will matter to you or your friend.

The d750 isn't worth 3 d7100 to me but it looks a fine camera if the various specs are needed

If you wait about a decade you will notice a trend. Nikon comes out with something that trumps Canon. Canon comes out with something that trumps Nikon .... and so on and so on and so on.

Maybe if you wait long enough most of them might go out of business then you don't have to compare and waddle back and forth.

Nikon comes out with something that trumps Canon. Canon comes out with something that trumps Nikon .... and so on and so on and so on.

whoa, slow down there you evil capitalist.

I own the D7100 and am totally in love with it, The D7100 is actually a camera with very few weeaknesses.
Its main weakness is the size of the buffer.
For the general user its AF system is really more then enough, its a super sharp camera (with the right lenses of course) which does very well in low light for a crop sensor camera, the DR onit just just amazing.
It has enough control, knobs, features for anyone that isn't a pro and even for pro's this could be a wonderful second body camera.

I see my future in FX, I upgraded all my lenses to work on FX and I am mentally ready for the jump but yes even the D750 which no doubt is a great camera doesn't makes sense to me to upgrade to. If money wasn't an issue then I would jump on it or probably the D810 but money is an issue and I need to calmly think what will the D750 do much better for me to sell my beloved D7100 to get it and honestly I cant think of one think that will justify such a large investment when I already have a superb, wonderful camera like the D7100

Again at the end of the day its a matter of money, isn't it always ?
If money wasn't an issue I think most of us would own the D810 right now.
I think Nikon made a very big mistake when they made the D7100, it really is such a good camera for the price that it keeps many Nikon users from going up to FX body.

If you wait about a decade you will notice a trend. Nikon comes out with something that trumps Canon. Canon comes out with something that trumps Nikon .... and so on and so on and so on.

Maybe if you wait long enough most of them might go out of business then you don't have to compare and waddle back and forth.
Sounds like a plan. :very_drunk:

I own the D7100 and am totally in love with it, The D7100 is actually a camera with very few weeaknesses.
Its main weakness is the size of the buffer.
For the general user its AF system is really more then enough, its a super sharp camera (with the right lenses of course) which does very well in low light for a crop sensor camera, the DR onit just just amazing.
It has enough control, knobs, features for anyone that isn't a pro and even for pro's this could be a wonderful second body camera.

I see my future in FX, I upgraded all my lenses to work on FX and I am mentally ready for the jump but yes even the D750 which no doubt is a great camera doesn't makes sense to me to upgrade to. If money wasn't an issue then I would jump on it or probably the D810 but money is an issue and I need to calmly think what will the D750 do much better for me to sell my beloved D7100 to get it and honestly I cant think of one think that will justify such a large investment when I already have a superb, wonderful camera like the D7100

Again at the end of the day its a matter of money, isn't it always ?
If money wasn't an issue I think most of us would own the D810 right now.
I think Nikon made a very big mistake when they made the D7100, it really is such a good camera for the price that it keeps many Nikon users from going up to FX body.
I'm glad you don't work at nikon. :sneakiness:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back