D750 - the perfect camera !? ;-)

Not impressed with how a d610 looks with the model number changed?
Well i expected guns, missiles and a Spoiler to control the airflow. :confused-55:

the perspective if you are used to a pro body versus the prosumer body.
I was hoping of a pro body layout not the prosumer body layout.

Boo!!! It's like the D600/D610/D7000/D7100 type of body. I was hopeful for the D700/D810 type of build, etc...
It's still a great camera, of course.

I was rather non-plussed about the reported specs. Not much improvement for me.

I'm not impressed with how that body looks.
It looks like any other Nikon DSLR.

Except of course the Nikon Df.

I'd be excited if it has an AF-ON button.
Well ... you're out of luck.

Boo!!! It's like the D600/D610/D7000/D7100 type of body. I was hopeful for the D700/D810 type of build, etc...
No it isnt, it got upgraded. Its lighter and more robust now. It still LOOKS like a D600 etc though.

I was rather non-plussed about the reported specs. Not much improvement for me.
Err ...

Lets list:

+ Most lightweight Nikon DSLR thanks to new body
+ Only full frame DSLR with a tiltscreen
+ Only Nikon full frame DSLR with dual sd card slots
+ Newest AF chip (better in lowlight than even D810 and D4s)
+ Finally Magnification on OK button, just like D700, D800 etc
+ Almost all Video Features of the D810
+ Battery life improved to D810 levels and beyond

To me, the D750 fixes the two main issues I had with the D600 ... and gives me quite a bit extra, too !

^^glad you like it. Though the d610 has 2 card slots also.

As a stand alone camera this looks great as does the d610. However as a d700 replacement it is easy to see how it can be classed as a disappointment. I'm sure it's a great imager and though not show stopping for most the slower shutter ability and sync speed equal nikons entry level dslr model. It's more expensive so it's ok to expect more.

I suppose it does 0.5 frames more per second ;)

It's not saying the max shutter speed anywhere I read but it keeps pushing video. Price isn't bad though. I tried the d610 and I thought the shutter was nice and quiet. Your basically paying a few hundred bucks more for -3ev focus, better video, and 51af points. Hmmm. I will wait a while and see real reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Though the d610 has 2 card slots also.
As does the D600, but this line D600 - D610 - D750 is still the only Nikon FX line that does have this feature.

Personally I think its silly. I dont store any image on only one card if I can help it. As a programmer, this is most basic backup strategy of data to me. Computer memory is very fragile and in the end, it will ALWAYS break. Unlike for example paper that actually stands a real chance to last centuries, or even milenia.

I dont think Nikon will continue the D610 ... there is no point. If at all, they'll get out a D620 or D650 that does have a substantially lower pricing and thus less features.

However as a d700 replacement [...]
If you compare it with other Nikon cameras just for a second, its clear that the D750 has absolutely nothing to do with the D700. Its clearly a D610 successor, through and through.

It's not saying the max shutter speed anywhere I read but it keeps pushing video.
DPReview says 1/4000 sec.

What ? No thread about this ?

Nikon D750 specifications leaked online | Nikon Rumors

I have to say I am most highly pleased.

Three issues I hated about my D600:
- Autofocus. Just a too small Autofocus field.
- Tiltscreen. I always missed it dearly. Seems like we'll only get a tiltscreen and not a flipscreen, but oh well.
- Shutter dirt issue (just annoying, even if I never encountered any problem with actual images, but for resale value and because on the test shots it showed up I got me a new shutter).

And yes - all fixed !!! Whow !!!!! Plus, WiFi. And better mirror/shutter. And I would guess probably no AA-Filter (the D5300 has none, the D7100 has none, the D810 has none - so why would the D750 still have one ?).

Its as if I was actually working at Nikon, or something.

All in all, this sounds like the PERFECT Nikon camera to me. Want. Now !!! :)
Nothing I have read suggests that the D750 doesn't have an OLPF. My guess is that it STILL has an AA filter unless you can show me where it says it doesn't.

The D750, sadly, still has an AA Filter.

That picture is fake, so it doesn't matter. I forgot the D700 has a viewfinder more like the D800, but i don't think it was as big?

What Doesn't look fake though: Digital Photography Review

screenfolding.gif

I still can't imagine this having an AA filter or a 1/4000 shutter. Nikon has been removing the AA filter on all its latest models, and if they are putting the 51-pt focus system and a "new" shutter mechanism in the D710, then it won't be the compromised DX one they put in the D600.

Can you tell I have little faith in rumors?

Not enough for me to consider upgrading anytime soon though
I like the improved focusing system
but I really wanted to move up to a pro body with the button layout, larger round viewfinder and significantly faster FPS

time to look at upgrading my telescope me thinks ...

Not really sure if the AA filter matters. Most cameras have them, most are capable of sharp photos. The Nikon ones with them removed have more packed sensors. Maybe there's a reason there, I think less chance of Moore with higher pixel counts relative to area.

The 24MP FX sensor doesn't need it removed. I still marvel at the level of detail/sharpness I can capture.

I do think this camera will sell well though, regardless.

I'm so bummed right now...

I wanted an upgrade from my d7100...

I thought the d750 was going to be it, but nope...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back