D800 Drastic Depreciation?

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, so I'm not a current Nikon user, however, I am looking for a Nikon to add to my arsenal.

I've been looking at the D750 since it looks pretty bitchin, but...when I go to Ebay, there are D800/Es going for 1600-2000.

Now, I know the D800 is a few years old at this point and there's the D810 now, but even so, if you look at the Canon 5D Mark III and even the 5D Mark II, there really hasn't been too drastic of a depreciation. When the 5DIII came out, it still took almost a year before 5DIIs broke the sub-1,500 point.

Picked mine up for a cool $2300 only about two months ago....Granted it only had 4000 clicks on it and was in all the original packaging.. but still.

Picked up my d800 for 1550 a month ago. It was refurbed and 6500 clicks on it. Only thing missing was a warranty. Great camera. purchased through FM forum...

I really didn't think the D800 would drop that much seeing how it was doing doing well after the D800E release.

I will have my D800 a year next month (or January) and I'm thinking about buying a D810 (keep the D800 as a backup).

I think because the D810 combines all the benefits of both the D800 and the D800e and is considered and improvement over both, that anyone considering the D8xx range is simply opting for the D810 rather than the older two.

The D810 inthe UK is roughly £2,600 and a new D800e will cost you around £2,300, so when you're spending that kind of money, the extra £300 is not much more of a stretch for the newer model.

I was just surfing around and saw them for 1800 with a 6 month warranty. I would like something a bit faster but damn that's cheap. I am still leaning toward the d750 though. Only a few hundred bucks more

not surprised I guess. Seems it is the lenses that matter the most.

Picked up my d800 for 1550 a month ago. It was refurbed and 6500 clicks on it. Only thing missing was a warranty. Great camera. purchased through FM forum...

That was a BARGAIN! Do they have any more?!
I am a super bargain hunter and it took me awhile to find one for that price.. That's only 990 in pounds :) Makes the decision pretty easy even though it is old technology, lol..

That was a BARGAIN! Do they have any more?!
I am a super bargain hunter and it took me awhile to find one for that price.. That's only 990 in pounds :) Makes the decision pretty easy even though it is old technology, lol..

If you want the 'latest and greatest' then you're going to have to pony up.

There are things that you can't do with a D800 that you could with a different camera but contact printing is about the only thing I can think of just off hand.

Edit: well , yes you could actually but it would be a pain in the rear.

Shocking really but it does go to show how...thinking of a nice way to put it...gear obsessed the people that do this hobby are.

The d800 is a 10 year camera.

Yeah I guess so. :p

I think I'm probably just going to go with the D750. The superior ISO and autofocus, plus the tilty screen, is too tempting.

Yeah I guess so. :p

I think I'm probably just going to go with the D750. The superior ISO and autofocus, plus the tilty screen, is too tempting.

Trendwhore!

I was just surfing around and saw them for 1800 with a 6 month warranty. I would like something a bit faster but damn that's cheap. I am still leaning toward the d750 though. Only a few hundred bucks more

Oh yes, few weeks ago when I got my D750 there was a D800 (new) close to same amount.
I didnt think twice and got the D750, the D800 is an outstanding camera but is directed to studio work, I mean it can do lots very well but if you are not doing studio work then I think the D750 with its newer processor, smaller file size and newer AF system is the better choice (for me anyways).

Either way both are killer cameras!!! :)

Oh yes, few weeks ago when I got my D750 there was a D800 (new) close to same amount.
I didnt think twive and got the D750, the D800 is an outstanding camera but is directed to studio work, I mean it can do lots very well but if you are not doing studi work then I think the D750 with its newer processor and newer AF system is the better choice (for me anyways).

Either way both are killer cameras!!! :)

Agreed. I was looking at something that
Was quicker in FPS, etc.... So the 750 takes care of it. I wouldn't mind a d3s but I could make use of the resolution for cropping flexibility.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back