d90 flash

ok so i called up today and unfortunately they dont have any more flashes in :(. but i am getting a refund and was told to trash the flash. so now im flashless once again

I opened up the top of the flash (Unscrewed the 4 screws near the top by the actual light)

Then I unscrewed two more screws that held the actually light and noticed a broken piece of plastic loose in the housing. I took the plastic peices out (that were clearly broken), popped the batteries back in (without reassembling the unit just to test it) and tried firing the flash. It worked!!! I then re assembled it and everything seems to be working fine, not sure what that plastic peice was for but it was obviously interfering with something.

Is there a way to fire one of these flashes off camera as a slave to the one I have on camera wirelessly? I am searching around and cant really seem to find anything that tells you how to do that but I remember someone mentioning you could

Is there a way to fire one of these flashes off camera as a slave to the one I have on camera wirelessly? I am searching around and cant really seem to find anything that tells you how to do that but I remember someone mentioning you could

YES. I have been playing around with it all day. I finally got my new camera in( after being cameraless for over week!!!!) and All you have to do is hit the mode button till it shows the little antenna looking thing(the last option on the right.
TTL---M--MULTI--MODEL--(little flash antenna thingy here)
and thats it. Hit the (frq) button to set the power
1/1..1/2..1/4 all the way to 1/64.

That is all you have to do. I did a set up with 5 of these fired with my on board flash and wow...that was bright..

Yeah I figured it out last night and was playing around with them. They are awesome!!

OK so I hate asking this question and feeling like a complete newb. I read the D90 owners manual and found nothing... the flash came with no owner's manual. How do I use this in TTL mode?? When I put it in TTL mode my camera simply won't take a picture... sorry if I'm being an idiot

-tim

You have to shoot it on manual, the newer Nikon Cameras use iTTL. Its really not that hard to use it in manual mode though just play around with it.

Quantaray 531660884 DSZ Series PZ-1 TTL Power Zoom - eBay (item 390086843199 end time Jan-23-10 23:24:58 PST)

Check it out^^^^. It is tha same as the Promaster 7000m I own. I bought two of these today. :) It is a great flash.

The one that has been discussed for the better part of the last 2 pages

-tim

I ordered four of these flashes from TechFor Less. I wanted two for Canon EOS, two for Nikon. The screwed up the order, did not give me a dexription of the order on their eBay PayPal page, shipped me FOUR for Nikon, and ALL FOUR FLASHES ARE DEAD ON ARRIVAL and useless. NON-working, clearly used flashes, two pretty scratched up. FOur of four-dead and NOT working in any form,whatsoever. No TEST button firing, no hot shoe firing, no triggering when on a Nikon camera. FOUR-DEAD-USELESS ,totally JUNK-FLASHES from TechFor Less. That is what my order turned out to be...

Four clearly defective, dead-on-arrival used flashes that will whine a bit, but which will not flash. Batteries cross checked with Canon 580-II and Nikon Sb 800...batteries power the anon and Nikon flash, but the four flashes sold to me by TechFor Less were dead...dead...dead. Worst on-line buying experience I have ever had.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Email or call them they will give you a full refund and wont make you send them back

Most reactions

New Topics

Back