Dallas, TX Skyline 2/4/06

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few of us got together tonight and shot from the Methodist Medical Center parking garage. Here are a few of my shots:

55705976.jpg

55705977.jpg

55705978.jpg

55705979.jpg

55705980.jpg

55705981.jpg

great series, the first 4 in particular are awesome

That is one cool vantage point for some skyline photography there. Wow.
I love the colours of dusk in the first, and then the building lined in green, that "shiny ball", and all the other lights of the city taken how much later than the first? What did you do in the time inbetween? Just wait and look? Or did you bring your picnic to that car park? You did very well on the exposure, even when you zoomed in, it still works fine. Tripod, right?

LaFoto said:
That is one cool vantage point for some skyline photography there. Wow.
I love the colours of dusk in the first, and then the building lined in green, that "shiny ball", and all the other lights of the city taken how much later than the first? What did you do in the time inbetween? Just wait and look? Or did you bring your picnic to that car park? You did very well on the exposure, even when you zoomed in, it still works fine. Tripod, right?

These were taken over the course of about 45 mins. Not much down time. I took about 30 shots. Most of the first ones were at ISO100 f22--10-20". The darker ones were ~45" bulb exposures at ISO 100 f22. So yes, I used a tripod. LOL!

Thanks!

Now is the moment to ask at last: What is a "bulb exposure"???

LaFoto said:
Now is the moment to ask at last: What is a "bulb exposure"???

Ahhh. It is when you manually open the shutter, and then manually close it after as long of a time as you want. If you want to leave it open for an hour you can.

My camera only has a 30" auto shutter, so anything longer than that you have to use the bulb setting.

If you go to the manual setting on your camera, then scroll the shutter speed down alllll the way, it should say "bulb."

Will go and look for that IMMEDIATELY :D (I always thought "bulb" had to do with a special "light bulb"... :roll: )

im gonna go look too! Me and Lafoto have the same camera! And oh, that's what the B stands for on my manual exposure on my 35mm :lmao: Doik:er:

Onto the pictures... Beautiful skyline and you captured it perfectly in the dusk/twilight. Does that large building actually light up green? Some neat archtecture for sure! Great job on these Shuttered! :D

1 and 4 are my favs. They're perfect.

Nice series. I need to take some pics of Toronto like this.

There is. I actually tried once with my film camera, but didn't get the right setting the first time. Didn't want to go back and waste more film. I got the digi now though, should be easy to work it out.

It's too bad that Toronto's Skyline is getting butchered by frigging condo's. It used to be amazing, but now you can barely see the Skydome stadium from anywhere cause they've surrounded it with new buildings.

Sweet. :) I go to the methodist church almost every sunday.

Anyway; very good photos.. all of them. Still, I like #2 and #3 the most.

Thanks for posting,
F.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back