DBA vs Corporation

IgsEMT

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pictureperfectny.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey folks, I'd like to get some feedback regarding DBA vs Corporation.
Had a lengthy discussion with an accountant just wondering what other photogs are doing.
Thanks
Joe.

I have no idea what this is about, but I will say that I saw this as Dragon Ball Absolon vs Corporation (capsule corp?).

A corporation provide liability protection to a certain degree and some more flexibility when it come to taxes. There are S corpations and regular corporations. What did your acountant say?

You may also want to look into a LLC.
but ask your accountant for required filings and any costs associated with it for your State.
DBA is just .. Doing Business As another name in which you have the most Liability of that business.

this question is a bit bigger then one versus another .. as it's best to separate direct full personal Liability from your business, if you think it is worthwhile. It is also a comparison of costs, filing requirements, etc.

Your accountant would have a better idea of that based on your location and state requirements, etc.

There are so many other photographer financial situations and business plans that anything you glean here would likely be useless for your situation.
The simplest business type is a SP or Sole Proprietorship.

LLC liability protections, reporting requirements, and costs vary by state.

Types of LLC Businesses | eHow

Your best bet is to consult with a qualified attorney and talk some more with your accountant.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back