Death Valley I

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We made the drive towards Death Valley today. We went and spent some time walking around Scotty's Castle. That's where most of the pictures came from. The couple landscapes and the animals were on the way there. Lots of pics, so I'm gonna post 'landscapes' in part one and 'portraits' in part two.

First shot of the morning. Storm had just rolled through and these were the remaining clouds as we came down a mountain pass. I wan't sure how it would come out because of the hazy clouds down low, but I think it's ok?

44129580-L.jpg

2 This one was also on the way, but a different set of mountains
44129581-L.jpg

3 Got pictures of this guy on the way there, and on the way back. He came all the way up to the truck for a banana (that we weren't supposed to feed him)
44129465-L.jpg

4 I tried hard to get 'out of the box' pictures here. There are hundreds, if not thousands of photos of this place, so I tried to catch some different angles
44129763-L.jpg

5 Looking through the courtyard at the clock tower
44129766-L.jpg

6 Some of the impressive 1920's gate hardware
44129764-L.jpg

7 Looking into the courtyard from the opposite side of #5
44129767-L.jpg

Very nice...I like the whole series...great colors.

All nice pictures of an interesting area! I really like the first shot; having those wispy clouds below really makes it special. :thumbup: Also like the rough texture presented in #6 - very nice! :)

The clarity of the air in the first two is stunning!
Despite the veil of mist in the first (which is particularly appealing!), you get most intense colours. That is amazing to see!

And again I like the close-up of the gate in the last but one photo :D. I may be a bit un-hinge-d that I so like to look at hinges these days ;) ;) ?!?!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back