Deers in my backyard

iso9000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
From time to time, deer come into my backyard because we have a lot of trees with fruit that grows on them, and I guess they like to eat them. It's been a while since they came for a visit, but a bunch of them came yesterday and I had the pleasure of taking some pictures with my dslr and film (which I haven't developed yet). Here are a few that I took with my dslr:
v3j4sFg.jpg
4vliTjf.jpg
2Sgn1R9.jpg

I think it would be worthwhile to go back to the original color and fix the severe contrast issues before you convert them.

I think it would be worthwhile to go back to the original color and fix the severe contrast issues before you convert them.

I edited purposely like that. I have a personal preference for that kind of contrast.

The harsh contrast as edited seems to clash with the content of the picture for no artistic purpose.
As you can see from the histogram below, there is no true white or true black thus the conversion looks very 'muddy.'

deer.jpg

Agree with The Traveler. Would like to see the film images.

I like the first one the best, but the processing is too much for me.

Thanks everyone for the input. I will definitely go back and play around with it a little more.

yeah processing doesnt work here for me. that for these subjects.

i quite like the vantage point being down low with them.

Thanks everyone for the input. I will definitely go back and play around with it a little more.

If you change your photo setting to "Photos OK to edit," we can play around some too and show you what we're thinking. I have a few things in mind, myself.

Most reactions

Back