Dementia, My dad.

i would like to see the original but the above pic is very good:)

Once photobucket recovers i will post one up. I wont post the dead original, but i will post one with just general edits. Levels, contrast, color, sharpness.

Majority of the look came from the unsharpen mask that i used which brought a lot more detail out of his face.

... But, I will defend some of what i said. ...

There's no need to defend what you have said or done. It is your picture, and you must do what you feel is appropriate, no matter what anybody says. As you can see from the replies so far, my view is very much a minority view here anyway.

Best wishes,
Helen

Woot, here we go.

Orginal w/ basic edits
DSC_0014c.jpg

B&W
DementiaBW.jpg

Thanks. I see your father in the original; I see your handiwork in the processed version. To my eye the original is a great human image that shows your connection with him, and it is much preferable to the Photoshopped version that shows your prowess with Photoshop.

Thanks again, and no matter how you choose to present the work please please continue to document your father's life.

Best wishes,
Helen

Taking pictures of my dad only happened recently when i realized there werent a whole lot of him from when he started to show his deterioration.

So when i got my D40 a little after christmas, I started to take some pictures.

I like the unedited and black and white ones the most.

Sorry for your Fathers illness. My Grandad had Dementia in the last years of his life. He needed round the clock care. It was not a pretty sight.

David

Most reactions

New Topics

Back