Desert C&C

photo28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC01266-1.jpg

1. Petrified tree - Desert in Navajo Indian Res.

DSC01286.jpg

2. Navajo Indian Res.

Hey Jeremy....nice location. Like the petrified tree.....though I wonder if getting closer to the tree itself might have been more effective. Also, there is some distinct vignetting in the upper and lower right corners. It's a very clean looking image, though it could be a bit sharper on the edges.

The Reservation shot suffers from too much bald sky, I think. Without clouds, that shot should be cropped.....or next time you could just tilt your camera down a little bit. Maybe get something more interesting in the foreground. The canyon itself is not that interesting because you can't see enough of it. The road works well to lead through the scene, though again.....you could get a little closer to it. We would like to see your subject (though I'm sure this looks better larger). One last nit.....unless the terrain does actually tilt that radically clockwise.....this image could use a slight CCW tilt (though it wouldn't be as noticeable if there were less sky in the scene.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
I did get many shots of the petrified wood, some closer and some macros.
I actually had a problem with my lens hood - I need to crop that out and put up the sharpening.

Most reactions

Back