DeSoto

cosmonaut

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.gregmccary.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am trying my hand at street photography and I am wanting to incorperate more people in my pictures.
Cosmo
Desoto-11as.jpg

My first impression was 'hey, that's cool!' becuase I live right next to a theatre liek that, but I dunno about the selective color. it seems a bit tacky. I wonder what it would look like with supersaturated color.

actually, the selective colour approach is VERY strong in that image I think. It totally separates the theater bit and the person from the rest of the image.

I like it , because the separation is so strong in this one.

Cool idea, but to me the selective colour version looks so strongly selected that the person even looks PSed into the photo, as if it had not been there originally. I can see the person was there, indeed, from your original colour photo, but ...

... and that is why I am undecided about it.
Though it DOES add a element to the photo which is special.

I like the selective coloring, I think it directs the eyes to the proper place in the picture. In the first picture my eyes are hooked on the sign and man. In the color version I am looking at the lights under the sign first.

I love it when people ask for help and say their images are OK to edit! It makes things so much easier!

I toy'd around with the color example you posted up, and jpeg compression really hurt it, but I gave it a selective color scheme that I think works, gives it more punch and makes it look less blatant.

In lightroom, I pretty much brought up the highlight recovery to give myself more latitude, brought up the brightness a little bit, upped the contrast, put the vibrance down to the minimum (that's how the selective color was created) and upped the saturation to bring what was in color out more. I than tweaked the highlights, blacks, and midtones to give it more texture.

Desotofcolor_TPF.jpg

The Jpeg compression (and the fact that it was a jpeg and not a RAW file) is why it looks chunky. If I had the RAW file, it would look nice and smooth.

Thanks sw1tchfx, The colors pop now. The compression did hurt you though. I tried to get the gentleman closer to the camera but he wasn't about to. I waited for someone interesting to go by until I lost the lighting. I just love his jacket and wish he had been a more willing subject.LOL. Thanks for the edit.
Cosmo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back