Developing 110 Slides

Only, to his surprise, one of his photos ended up on the cover of Time Magazine. Somebody made some money off of his guts.

Thanks again for the advice.

Bill

Wow ... and some pro submitted those as his own with a clean conscience? Jeesh

...it is hard to imagine 110 slide film...

... if you have a limited knowledge of photographic history from the 1970's...

Kodak introduced 110 Pocket Instamatic camreras with color negative (Kodacolor II), color slide (Ektachrome-X and Kodachrome-X), and B&W (Verichrome Pan). Initially, the slide films were mounted in 30x30mm mounts rather than the 2x2" mounts used for 35mm, 126, and 127 Super Slides. Adapters were sold for allowing the small 30x30mm mounts to be used in 2x2" slide projectors and viewers. There was a series of Kodak Pocket Carousel projectors marketed as part of the original product line.

Later, the Pocket Carousel projectors faded from the market and Kodak's labs began offering 2x2 mounts as an option. Later the 2x2 became standard and the 30x30mm mounts vanished.

110 slides in 2x2 mounts and those in 30x30 mounts if inserted into the adapters can be scanned in conventional film scanners configured for 35mm. Depending on the scanning software, some manual adjustment may be necessary if the software doesn't auto-sense the smaller image area.

Guilty. Then again there wasn't much call for 110 in my line of work :lmao:

I suspect the man at Walgreens is not a professional but received enough training to develope standard films and that is all. ...

Its not a matter of how much training they have. They could have all the training in the world and still not be able to print your slides. Before they can do anything with the 110 slides they have to have equipment that can handle the smaller positive images and handle the mounts.

Shooting slides in 110 format was never popular. During the quarter of a century that I ran camera stores I don't think there was every a "drug store" class lab that could do anything with 110 slides, either processing and mounting the film or printing from the mounted slides. They would always send it off to either a Kodak lab or a large full service lab. I also never knew of a lab catering to professionals that would touch 110 film of any type; color neg, color slide, or B&W.

Finding a lab to print or scan your 110 slides will be difficult. Printing requires special equipment. Something thats not likely to be in service anywhere anymore. Scanning will require manual adjustments so you're not likely to find any of the labs that do inexpensive mass scanning to be able to handle the slides.

The site I linked to above claims to work with 110.

Most reactions

Back