Devil squeegee

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just scraped the heck out of two rolls! I did not check for particles, and every frame has several white lineds across! It sucks.

Last edited:
That is why I don't allow them in the darkroom. FIngers don't scratch.

Good point. I learned my lesson.

Oooh, sorry to hear that...yeah...wet film can be a bit soft and susceptible to abrasion. Like Ann's years of wisdom says, fingers don't scratch. On the other hand, I had good luck with just really vigorously shaking the film off after it came out of the Photo-Flo tank solution, by grasping the reel in my right hand and "snapping!" it downward, five or six times...in about a one-foot long downward motion that ended in a sharp SNAP! of the wrist...the water only needs to travel the narrow width of the film that way. Worked exceptionally well for me.

The good part of this is that a valuable lesson was learned. Sorry it happened to you 'the hard way'. Bummer.

You don't need a squeegee, fingers, or even shaking the film--just take it out of the photoflo and hang it up to dry--I've been doing that for 50+ years with no scratches.

I don't even trust my fingers, lol!

I hold the strip (with the edge down) at about a 45 degree angle - most of the water will go to the edge, then run right off the roll. I then just hang it up and let it dry.

Most reactions

Back