Digi Cam shoot.

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was me using her brothers Nikon D70.

I didn't really like the feel of the pics.

But whatever...

She was a pretty had model to work with. Took over 300 pics that day.

Heather.jpg

Heather2.jpg

Heather3.jpg

Heather4.jpg

Heather5.jpg

Heather6.jpg

Heather7.jpg

Nice shots bace! you need to adjust levels in most of these...they're a bit muddy.
No. 2 is very nice...I'd just suggest cropping out or cloning out the bright areas to the right as it will make it a much cleaner shot focussing all attention on those beautiful blues ;)
4, 5 and 6 are also nicely composed, clean shots.
good work man :D

i'm not going to run off a bunch of comments regarding these. i'll just firmly state that:

YOU'RE IN THE WRONG PROFESSION!!!!

I agree with what JonK was saying about some of the adjustments. I think you fared much better when you had use of natural light. (#s 2, 6, 7)

When it's working, though, it's working great! :thumbup:

I agree also. A few PS adjustments and a little cropping here and there and I think you'd be pleased. I like the last two the best. On the second to last one, if you crop it to 8x10 to drop that board on the right, it would be the stand-out.

If you are ok with me trying a couple of ideas, let me know.

By all means. I suck at photo shop.

That's why I haven't edited any of these. I don't even know what to do.

i really like these (not just because she's fine), number 2 works well for me and the last two are great. :thumbup:

Please go right ahead, if you wouldn't mind giving a little synopsis of what you did so I can actually learn.

Thanks.

heather219vh.jpg

1. cropped it - i didn't constrain the ratio for this so it looks a bit skinnier than it should if you want to keep it to standard print ratios.

2. adjusted levels - pulled the highlight slider in towards the middle til it hit the midtone ramp up (hope that makes sense)

3. adjusted contrast - new layer >>unsharp mask: amount - 20%, radius - 50, threshold - 0. I then reduced this effect using the opacity slider for that layer; i reduced it to about 35% so it wouldn't be too contrasty.

4. Unsharp mask to increase sharpness.

I really like Jon's edit. I usually find I have to revisit my changes, as it's rather easy to go too far the first run through. That's why I do everything I can as layers. I included screen caps of the adjustments I made.

Heather2-mod.jpg

Heather2-levels.gif
Heather2-color.gif

--------

Heather5-mod.jpg

Heather5-curves.gif
Heather5-color.gif

--------

Heather6-mod.jpg

Heather6-levels.gif
Heather6-curves.gif

--------

Heather7-mod.jpg

Heather7-levels.gif
Heather7-curves.gif

I also used smart sharpen on all but Heather5. That one has a bit of noise that became more pronounced.

You have so many options when doing this kind of work. There is no "right" amount of adjustment. I have found that playing around with different adjustments and crops has helped me "see" better when I'm looking through the viewfinder.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back