Digital Camera for me and parents?

G

gtwosaints

Well, my mom is going to buy a digital camera in the next few days for my sister's upcoming graduation so I thought I would use this as an advantage to get started. My mom doesn't want to spend more than $200 and wants a camera with good image quality. So, basically we want a camera that's less than $200, good image quality, manual controls (for me) and automatic controls (for them), a built-in flash, and preferably a lithium ion battery. The camera should also have a quick picture taking time. I don't want a lot of lag between the shutter, the photo, and the recharging for the next picture. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of the Canon A590IS, but it uses AA batteries and I've had bad experience with an HP with AA batteries.

I don't know much about point and shoots but I would take a look at some used or older versions of the panasonic G-series.

If you are looking for a decent point and shoot without spending too much cash, I'd conider the Olympus FE-210. It's inexpensive and around 7 mp. And my wife bought one to try once and we still use it sometimes. As far as a good image for a point and shoot, the quality is quite nice. It's a round a 100.00 or so. But for that price, it's a good deal for what you get. Or I thought so.

Ok, me and my mom ended up buying the Canon SD750. I found out it has manual controls as well.

My mom and me just got a new nikon cool pix its fantastic:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back