Digital Darkroom..

Weaving Wax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok.. So I wasn't sure where I should post this. But since this is about digital techology I thought it'd be better suited here than in the "darkroom" forum.

Ok, all of my gear (so far) is in my sig, but taking all of my rolls of film to the local Wolf's Camera is getting expensive and the scans SUCK. I've been to a few different places and have not been pleased with the scans.

I have no darkroom experience WHAT SO EVER. So, to me, buying all of the typical darkroom stuff might be a waste of money at this point. I don't feel comfortable doing it myself out of a book.

So, I was thinking of getting a printer/scanner and making the prints myself and doing all editing in PS CS.

I was thinking of getting the Epson Stylus Photo RX620. I've read 1 thread on it here and it wasn't favored, but my friend uses it has his college in his photo course and says it works great for scanning and printing. Opinions? I don't have a lot of money and this might be my only option. I really don't want to spend over $500, but I know I won't get professional quality. I'm not that great of a photographer, I just want to get better scans than Wallgreens, CVS and Wolf's.

I also heard that the RX620 is able to do 120 film as well. I run a Mac G4 Ibook laptop and the only connection I see that I can use is either firewire or USB. Just wondering what my options are and if this scanner/printer will be ok for the money....

IMO, if you're going to be scanning and editing your images on your computer, you might as well be shooting digital.

Yeah, I like shooting film.. Plus, I don't have $700+ for a digital camera...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back